Help with something?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Kashii49829, Oct 26, 2016.

?

Does anyone have this as well or have noticed it with your combination of mods?

1. Yes, it is happening to me too.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No, it hasn't happened to me.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. If it is a thing, I haven't noticed with my installed mods

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Kashii49829

Kashii49829 Void-Bound Voyager

I have a lot of mods but for some reason, one of the mods is causing a change in the game I prefer not to happen. I know that in the mines, one of the boulders give you 10 stone and the other gave you 20. I think one of my mods is changing that for some reason, but I can't figure out which one. Should I try and narrow it down by taking my mods out of my mod folder and testing each one or various combinations?

The change is that both appearances of boulders if you use your pickaxe on them give 10, instead of one appearance of them giving 20. I know it changed when I installed/updated one of my mods, but I haven't narrowed down which one yet.

I can give a list of my mods if that helps, or if anyone wants to experiment.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Are you certain of this? The code that handles drops from boulders is burried quite deep, so I have trouble imagining how anything could get its hands on there.
      You made sure to check without any mods installed if the mine did not exhibit the same behaviour?

• Kashii49829

I know that before I had any mods, [​IMG]This boulder gave 10, [​IMG] And this one gave 20.

And I had about 6-7 mods I added, and things were fine still involving that. Somewhere from my 10-18th mods, something changed it, and I can't remember the order I downloaded my mods so I'd have to experiment to see which one it is, if its any particular one.

If I had to go with my intuition, I think its the update to timespeed, but I haven't a clue for sure. It's version 1.8 so I'll try updating to version 1.9 to see if that helps.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

As far as I can remember, both of the big ones gave 10 stone.. But maybe I'm imagining it

• Kashii49829

Okay, I could have sworn that one of them gave me twenty but I just booted Stardew valley without any mods except for the ones which replace files in the game itself, and they both gave 10. If someone could figure out when those boulders give 20 it'd help a lot.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The behaviour of the boulders, as you yourself have said, is vanilla, this means it is not a bug and if you wish to have it altered you must submit a request topic, as that helps keep the place organised.

• Kashii49829

The thing is I didn't alter anything in my game unless mods can somehow do that? It's really creepy.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Well depends on how long you've been playing did you notice the boulder change before the 1.1 update ? it could just be CA fixed something because I've never had this happen with my mods and I got a few of em...Or in theroy it could of been you had two boulders spawned on top of each other...which might explain the 20 rocks

• Kashii49829

No, I remember that this happened before I used mods, however, it might be different because of what CA changed in the 1.11 update, but maybe didn't mean to?