Modding Help Help With Patching Please

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gurudo99, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Gurudo99

Gurudo99 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello whoever is reading this, I was wondering if anyone could help me with patching. I'm wanting to make the boxing glove rotate like most other melee weapons but have no clue how I would go about patching, or what to patch either. Any help would be appreciated!

2. origamania

origamania Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you want to make all fist weapons rotate you can patch the .weaponability file corresponding to the primary ability of the weapons in question.
    If, however, you only want this applied to a single weapon then you'd have to do the same patch inside "primaryAbility" in the .activeitem file.

3. Gurudo99

What do I change in the file though? That's where I'm lost.

4. origamania

If I remember correctly, since I currently have no access to the files until tomorrow, you'll find something along the lines of "allowRotation" in "stances", which is set to false by default.

5. Gurudo99

Well I thought that would be how I would do it but I tried that and still no rotation.

6. origamania

In this case I'll check it out tomorrow.

7. Gurudo99

Thanks for the assistance.

8. origamania

I found what the issue was: whe the wepaon is loaded, it uses the weapon's "idle" stance, but once you punch, it uses the weapon's combo finisher's "idle" stance.
    I included a zip file containing the relevant patches for the boxing glove only.

Attached Files:

9. Gurudo99

Thank you bunches! Will add you in my mod as co-author for your help. If that's ok with you anyway.