Modding Help Help with .lua

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by qverti, Jul 2, 2018.

1. qverti

qverti Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello!
    I'm trying to make my custom race able to fly, but I need help with .lua scripts. I want my player multijump in air, with lowgravity buff enabled and every spacebar pressed play "climb" animation (from /humanoid spitesheets) one time (of course stay in this state until you hit the ground or liquid). I can modify multijump lua file but I don't really know how to tells the game wchich animation it should play. Please help or advise other way to do flying with custom animation.

malebody.png

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

All animations for each race need to be the same - in order for sprite sheets to work with armors and weapons etc.

Best to make it an ability you can unlock - similar to track ball that will allow custom sprites.

But does require full on knowledge of Lua at that point. Though I suggest looking at the ball for rough idea.

3. qverti

Yea, but this solution creates another problem: I have to colour my custom animation as my player is. I came to conclusion (after many attempts) that realistic flying is almost impossible in SB. The only thing wchich looks good enough is jumpig like floppy bird. I am still stying, maybe one day I'll come up with genious idea...

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Like I said - flying is perfectly possible if you use Techs. That after all how things like Mechs work.

5. qverti

I want every armor in game fits to the flying player. To do that I have to use humanoid spritesheet. And yes I've done simple flying Tech which works like multi jump with low gravity (I use default jump and fall states). I'm just trying making something smatrer and more controllable.

6. qverti

Ok I finally though up how perfect script shoud look like. It uses custom animation to generate energy glider, rotates the player, contolls speed and needs only mouse to control (optional CTRL for "torpedo" mode). Looks fine underwater too. Thank you so much! Custom animation is the only way to do it universal.

projectmayhem likes this.
  7. Xomus

Xomus Space Hobo

couldn't you make it like wings for the backpack items?

Magmatico likes this.
  8. qverti

If I use backpack slot I won't be able to use EPP simultaneously. Luckily I've finished it. Thanks The | Suit for hints. The tread is closed.