1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with loading a save file.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by pedplace, Jul 26, 2018.

1. pedplace

pedplace Aquatic Astronaut

So, I was messing around with admin mode, and I spawned in a item. The item being the ship from the intro. I was like, woah, this is an item?! And I can place it down?! So, like an idiot, I placed it down. On my ship. Now there is a giant ship clipping through the walls of my own personal ship, and I have no way of getting rid of it. My first thought was to load a backup. I watched a tutorial, and in my player storage file I found that there were multiple jumble.shipworld.BAK1 files (jumble as in the long lines of random text). Same with the jumble.shipworld files (the ones that arnt backups). This is the same for the player files too. Also, by multiple, I dont mean BAK2 or BAK3. I mean multiple BAK1 files. Can somebody help me? Im really panicking at the fact that I might never get this thing off my ship.

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

it should not have tile protection set to true, so try this

/admin
    /debug
    /boxes

warning: this WILL lag

after those 3 commands are entered in order, there should be a green box somewhere on the ship item. mine it

if this doesn't work, you can delete the most recent .shipworld and rename the respective .shipworld.bak1 to remove .bak1. Windows will warn you the file may no longer work. it will

3. pedplace

pedplace Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks! Doing the three commands didn't work, but using the backup did. I don't know why I didn't realize I just needed to use the most recent backup.