1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved HELP WITH LAG

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ZESPUD, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZESPUD

ZESPUD Void-Bound Voyager

So I finally got my new computer and decided to play starbound. So I launched it and it ran great. Solid 60 FPS even during cpu intensive things like going into the outpost and stuff. So I was having fun, but I had to go for a bit. Close the game, leave, come back, launch the game. Less than 30 FPS. I try everything, making a new char, running as admin, relaunching multiple times, going offline on steam, setting the game's priority higher in task manager. Nothing works. I'm absolutely astounded as to how this happened, I've never seen anything this bad. Pls help.

Ok nevermind it's fixed now I guess? Still, what's going on. My lag fixed but I really want to know why that was happening

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  2. QuantumProjects

QuantumProjects Star Wrangler

ZESPUD, it can be a very lot of things, some not even related to the game itself. Some of the probable causes are antivirus (and other monitoring programs, like User Account Control) running scans on the background or updating their databases, Windows checking for updates, a random memory corruption caused by another program, or it can be a bug in Starbound that happens sparingly and in very marginal cases. It is hard to know exactly, specially now that your lag has been solved.

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It's hard to say what caused it but it seems that is wasn't caused by starbound itself (or alone).
    Since it's solved i'll mark it as solved and close it.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.