1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Help with joining server

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by loovne, Jul 23, 2017.

1. loovne

loovne Intergalactic Tourist

I have a problem with a steam friend joining my Starbound server. The first few weeks the server worked just fine until today. I can join the server just not my friend. On his side it says "Join failed! No server response received" while on my side it lets me join the server. I am running the server on a Mac through terminal. Yes I did port forward my router for Starbound.

2. JohnnySabu

JohnnySabu Intergalactic Tourist

I made this forum account just to post this temporary workaround that I found when I came across this error a couple of time now.

Make a new character when joining. You might get disconnected a couple of times even with the new character but eventually that character will connect in a stable manner and when it does, just disconnect and reconnect with your old character. Even if the new character does not stabilize and keeps disconnecting, try 3-4 times and then try connecting with the old one anyway. See if this works for you.