1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

help with crashing?

Discussion in 'Support' started by lillyplusg, Jan 5, 2019.

1. lillyplusg

lillyplusg Space Hobo

hey! i have stardew valley on my iphone 6s, and every time i try to open it it crashes. it all started when i went to bed in winter of the second year. the witch cutscene played and then it went to the saving screen. all was okay, but it was taking forever to save. i waited 10 minutes for it to save but then i decided to just close the app and re open it. it showed the chucklefish logo screen, and then crashed. now it does this every time i try to open it. does anyone know how to fix this? i don’t want to lose all my progress :(

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Since the problem started with a failed save, I'd assume the problem's caused by that save file.
      I'd look at the troubleshooting steps on the wiki and see if anything there sounds like it might help. Also might try just backing up, then deleting the save file, just to see for sure that it is that save file that's causing the problem.

EDIT: Looks like there might be a possible solution over in the support forum.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
      • lillyplusg

lillyplusg Space Hobo

unfortunately i have tried both of those things. maybe i didn’t do it right? I plugged my phone into the computer, went to stardew valley and deleted my emergency save file. i saved a back up of course, so i was thinking of maybe i deleted the app off of my phone, re downloaded it and then took the saved back up that has all my progress and added it to the stardew valley file then maybe that would work? but maybe not, because it’s proably a problem with one of those save files, i just don’t know the right one to delete. i’ve tried deleting different files and seeing if it made a difference, but it still crashes.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I'm sorry, I don't know what to say. I haven't even got an iOS device to test on. Might want to follow up in the support forum is the best advice I've got.