Modding Help Help with Altability JSON

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Arthuraio, May 11, 2019.

1. Arthuraio

Arthuraio Void-Bound Voyager

Hello community,

I'm having a bad time trying to make this work... Can an enlightened soul help me?

i.e: /spawnitem rareassaultrifle 1 '{"level":10,"seed":25, "altAbilityType":"lance", "altAbility":{"baseDps":500}}'

I am able to change the alt ability, but I can't make the damage modifier work...

Thanks

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I have never used spawn commands to do weapons, but I dont think alt abilities have a "baseDps"

3. Arthuraio

Yes they do, They are referred as "baseDamage", but it is not working aswell... the game is just ignoring it xD
    also, I am able to make a custom alt ability and change the dps with ease... But for the "vanilla" i can't seem to make it work... Already tried making a custom ability based on the vanilla and the weapon crashed hahahaha.

damage is just a parameter, it can't be that hard... I know I'm missing something stupid....

4. projectmayhem

Is lance a vanilla altability? I dont see it in the files anywhere.

5. Arthuraio

lol, what? xD

here buddy

\items\active\weapons\ranged\abilities\lance

6. projectmayhem

ok, I was looking in the melee abilities. I been doing so much work on spears for my mod, i didnt even pay attention to the fact that it was a ranged weapons you were discussing lol

7. Arthuraio

No problem, happens with the best :)

But, since you are working hard with spears... If I was to spawn a vanilla spear with a vanilla altAbility with higher baseDamage, how would you try to spawn?

8. projectmayhem

I dont know, ive never used in the spawn command to change weapons, I just create a mod

9. Arthuraio

BUMP still in need of help