1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Help Help with Altability JSON

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Arthuraio, May 11, 2019.

1. Arthuraio

Arthuraio Void-Bound Voyager

Hello community,

I'm having a bad time trying to make this work... Can an enlightened soul help me?

i.e: /spawnitem rareassaultrifle 1 '{"level":10,"seed":25, "altAbilityType":"lance", "altAbility":{"baseDps":500}}'

I am able to change the alt ability, but I can't make the damage modifier work...

Thanks

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Ketchup Robot

I have never used spawn commands to do weapons, but I dont think alt abilities have a "baseDps"

3. Arthuraio

Yes they do, They are referred as "baseDamage", but it is not working aswell... the game is just ignoring it xD
    also, I am able to make a custom alt ability and change the dps with ease... But for the "vanilla" i can't seem to make it work... Already tried making a custom ability based on the vanilla and the weapon crashed hahahaha.

damage is just a parameter, it can't be that hard... I know I'm missing something stupid....

4. projectmayhem

Is lance a vanilla altability? I dont see it in the files anywhere.

5. Arthuraio

lol, what? xD

here buddy

\items\active\weapons\ranged\abilities\lance

6. projectmayhem

ok, I was looking in the melee abilities. I been doing so much work on spears for my mod, i didnt even pay attention to the fact that it was a ranged weapons you were discussing lol

7. Arthuraio

No problem, happens with the best :)

But, since you are working hard with spears... If I was to spawn a vanilla spear with a vanilla altAbility with higher baseDamage, how would you try to spawn?

8. projectmayhem

I dont know, ive never used in the spawn command to change weapons, I just create a mod

9. Arthuraio

BUMP still in need of help