Animation Help with 3D body parts!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dest.Up, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Dest.Up

Dest.Up Poptop Tamer

[​IMG]

These are body parts I made, structure is quite changed for better look, but i'm having problems with head, any idea how should I make it?

P.S. I'm using Blender

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  2. Dest.Up

Dest.Up Poptop Tamer

*Bump* I really need help!

3. Burgy

Burgy Subatomic Cosmonaut

What're you trying to make exactly?

4. Dest.Up

Dest.Up Poptop Tamer

An Starbound rig, I'm stuck with head, any help?

5. Burgy

Well, for a head. I guess it would depend on the race you choose to make the character.
    Path to the character sprites;
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\humanoid

How I would do it is you take the sprite of the head you choose and overlay it in the background and trace over it.
    To overlay, hit "n" to open the side menu on the right and then scroll to the bottom, expand Background Images and check off the selection box

Then copy and paste the path to the selected image you chose for the head
    [​IMG]

After that, you can fiddle around with the camera options and after you are done, you can view the image int he background by using the numpad to go into camera view

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From there, i'd extract around until it fits right and then you'd work on the other dimensions.

6. Dest.Up

Dest.Up Poptop Tamer

Yeh i know i did that, that's not what i meant i made head like that but it still needs 3Dish look, voxelized sphere like shape, get it? no i won't use voxel modifier or sphere for this, i need help on what should shape look like, humans are biggest problem.

7. Burgy

Oh I see what you mean.
    Since this is the first 3D Starbound model. You have the honor of creating it in your design.

But I would make it similar to the style that the Ace of Spades models look. With like staircase-esque look

Dest.Up likes this.
  8. Dest.Up

Dest.Up Poptop Tamer

Maybe Cubeworld like? I made Cubeworld rig already, why wouldn't i just re map the model what do you think?

9. Burgy

Not a bad idea!