Modding Help help w/ xnb modding on mac

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maxiner, Jan 5, 2017.

1. MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

The commands are typed in the Mac terminal, but after you type & enter 'wine cmd' in the Mac terminal. It takes you into the WINE command prompt(still within the Mac terminal though); which does act like another terminal. Specifically, it's trying to act like the Windows command prompt.

Were there any errors being shown when you run the commands?

• Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The answer is YES, just open the wine terminal.

As someone who is on Mac. I can help. :)

1. I use Command + Spacebar to bring up the Search. Then I type in Wine (Wine Stable should show up). Hit enter and the Wine Terminal will open.
      2. At the prompt, change the directory to where your xnb-node stuff is. Mine is on my Desktop and I named the folder Modex for whatever reason. This is what I type personally. cd ~/Desktop/Modex (you will want to change modex to whatever your folder name is though)
      It should look something like that, then press enter.
      Code:
      Danis-Air-2:~ Dani$ cd ~/Desktop/Modex
      After pressing enter, the directory should change, and then you should have this.
      Code:
      Danis-Air-2:Modex Dani$
      3. At this point you type wine cmd and then press enter. After that you should have something like this:
      Code:
      Danis-Air-2:Modex Dani$ wine cmd

Microsoft Windows 5.1.2600 (2.0.2)

Z:\Users\Dani\Desktop\Modex>
      Once you see the Microsoft Windows thingie you're good to go, now I just drag/drop the .sh file from the xnb-node folder, press enter and its magic!

Here is a screenshot with everything.
      [​IMG]

I'm available at the stardew discord if I wasn't as clear as I could be. ;)

• BlueEyes_nLevis

BlueEyes_nLevis Orbital Explorer

Thank you! So, would this work? I'm trying to unpack .xnb files from a hair mod so I can combine two. Also, if I were trying to type these commands into a regular Mac terminal, would that be why I keep getting a "command not found" error? The downloaded mod is in a folder called "Content" and I'm unpacking it to "UnpackedHairMod".

Get wine running, then:

Put the following into the ModTool folder:

xnb-node folder

xnb_node.cmd
        Content folder (full, with mod stuff)
        UnpackedHairMod folder (empty, to hold unpacked mod stuff)

Mac terminal: (or Wine terminal, now, I guess)

1) cd ModTool

2) wine cmd

(This should bring up the lines of windows-looking code, like Z:\Users\MKKnight:ModTool, right)

3) xnb_node.cmd extract Content UnpackedHairMod

Take the hair .png files, edit, and replace

4) xnb_node pack UnpackedHairMod Content

Take packed hairstyles.xnb out of Content and replace the hairstyles.xnb in the Stardew Valley folder

Thanks so much! I hope I can get this figured out!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
        • BlueEyes_nLevis

ok, i figured it all out, but somehow got my hair grid in my png messed up. my hair starts at about my waist, and then floating above my bald little head is the hair from the style 5 slots before it... it's real cute...

Attached Files:

• BlueEyes_nLevis

ok. so most are ok. some still look like this:

i guess it's just a day at a time thing. yesterday i installed wine. today i learned how to pack and unpack files. i'll put my hair on straight tomorrow.

Attached Files:

• Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Tinybillow likes this.
            • unofficialskeleton

unofficialskeleton Master Chief

Hope to God this thread isn't dead, because I've been having some issues. Okay, so I followed the tutorial and everything was doing fine until I tried to do this command:
              Code:
              xnb_node extract Packed/ Unpacked/
              Everything seems fine so far:
              [​IMG]
              Warning prompt:
              [​IMG]
              Terminal vomit:
              [​IMG]
              Is there something noticeably I did wrong?

Attached Files:

• unofficialskeleton

unofficialskeleton Master Chief

Update: Ended up using the Wine terminal instead of the one in-built in mac, got the results I wanted. Thank you guys for spreading helpful information to help me through these baby-steps. This was my first time getting familiar with Wine.

Tinybillow and MysticTempest like this.
                • Escutcheon

Escutcheon Void-Bound Voyager

I know you posted this a year ago, but I just found it, and wanted to let you know it allowed me to use my favorite Texture Replacer's (Stardew Valley Desaturated) palette on other mod textures perfectly! You helped save my eyes from horrible over-saturation!

MysticTempest likes this.