1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Help this rails noob, please [EDIT: NVM, figured it out]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tornadopelt, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Tornadopelt

Tornadopelt Void-Bound Voyager

So, I tried using rails in my Empire State Building build. I wired up my rail tram stoppers, got the buttons set up, and set down the rail tram on the rails, and then put it on the stopper.

And absolutely NOTHING happened, no matter what permutation I tried.

I need help regarding getting the rail tram to snap onto the rails, because no matter what I do, the rail tram won't snap. And even worse, even when everything's wired correctly and I push a button for the rail tram, nothing happens. The rail tram stopper goes green, but the Rail Tram doesn't move one iota. I need help, because as it stands, I'm so frustrated with the rails that I'm about ready to give up on them entirely.

Mind you, I'm doing this in space. As in, zero-g, and I wonder if these things need gravity.

[EDIT: Yup, they needed gravity - I give my thanks to the Starbound Discord members for putting up with my frustration born of tiredness.]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021