Help! This makes no sense.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Casperbabe731, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Casperbabe731

Casperbabe731 Void-Bound Voyager

So I have the quest Jail House Rock, which asks for the stone sign from the USCM colony. However they made things inside this colony unable to be mined up. So how am I supposed to finish my quest if I can't pick up this sign?!

Glad Giraffe
    Neronoia Tide I - b

x: 28527542 y: 19208257
    Located to the left.

Nevermind I figured it out. You have to destroy the generator before you can pick anything up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2016
  2. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

Yeah, generator protector thing. That quest took me forever, by the way, at least you found the place :D

3. Elitarymouse

Elitarymouse Master Chief

You must destroy generator by weapon, red machine-like thing. Then you will can destroy everything inside prison, also these stone signs

4. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Later on, if I'm to judge by the versions found in Hylotl underwater cities, you may be able to just turn off a generator altogether via a nearby switch without the need to "destroy" it(leaving you the possibility to switch it back "on").

5. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

That'll be nice, I've been wanting a shield generator for my lab. I wonder how it'll detect what blocks to protect, if it's just an AOE, the shape of the original structure, or somehow actually detecting what blocks you've placed and adapting to it.

6. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

I'm not sure the exact mechanics. This said the devs have said this IS something they considered for the players to be able to craft but are still undecided about actually giving them the right to do so; specifically because they are afraid about the "troll potential" in multiplayer of someone just suddenly walling someone else in so they can't move or even teleport away and suddenly turning out a shield generator so they can't dig their way out either.

7. Elitarymouse

Elitarymouse Master Chief

Agh, sorry, I didnt know that bcs in unstable version I cant go further than Erchius Horror :x