1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

HELP, STARBOUND IS UNPLAYABLE

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Brockster17, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

So, a while back Starbound randomly started doing this weird glitch that makes me pretty much unable to play the game. What happens is, when I load any existing characters, either my human or penguin character, it puts me in my ship with no sound, and no blocks, objects or NPCs are visible. There is absolutely no light. My character hovers there is jumping position, and I can rotate him, but not move. After about 2 seconds an error message may or may not pop up and then immediately force me back to the title screen as if nothing ever happened. I tried to make another character, and they worked fine. It is just existing characters that won't load. WHY IS IT DOING THIS?! It has been doing this since... well, pretty much since last year(2016). I have played the game for 173 hours and do not want to start over. I have made a huge amount of progress and put a lot of effort into the game. PLEASE, someone tell me how to fix this. (I can't refund btw)

2. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Sounds like you have an outdated shipworld file. You should submit a log