1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Help Spawning Specific Items?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ScorpioSyndrome, Sep 6, 2016.

1. ScorpioSyndrome

ScorpioSyndrome Space Hobo

Hey, so... A friend of mine in Starbound whom I play with a lot unfortunately lost his prized spear in the game.

What made the weapon so special was that it had the "Rocket Spear" secondary attack. Any spear with the Rocket Spear secondary will do.

The problem is, I was hoping to simply spawn one in as they are rare, but I have trouble putting together the syntax.

Could a more experienced player perhaps show me how to spawn a spear with that specific secondary attack?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

3. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Doesn't look like spawning weapons with specific parameters is possible through a command, no matter what I try it will either spawn a generic item (if there is a mistake in the command) or take it in but not spawn an item.
    Your best bet is to clean your inventory and do /spawnitem rarespear until you get one that you like and with the rocketspear ability or edith one through the player file, which is what I did. I'll attach my player file with an inventory full of spears if you wish to choose one from there but I don't know how far you've progressed through the game and these are rather high level.

Attached Files:

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

It is possible, and even if I won't be able to give you a command, I can leave one of the tier you want tomorrow at the Trading post of Ablekaine

Also, I'm more specialized in ranged weaponry, sooo...

But, check the trade post topic tomorrow

And maybe you'd be interested by one of my creation? Or I can make a gun for yo, if you wantX3

5. BallisticMeow

BallisticMeow Void-Bound Voyager

dude its called the rotik celestialstick

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Dude, it's stupid to say that

And you know why?
    WE ARE TALKING ABOUT RNG WEAPONS!!
    Giving a name, in that instance, is meaningless