1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Help please!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by 4lakazam, Feb 9, 2018.

1. 4lakazam

4lakazam Void-Bound Voyager

So I purchased Starbound through Steam last night and started playing with my best friend. I go on this morning, play a little with him, exploring and fall from an extremely high ledge in one of the NPC's houses, died and the game crashed. I'm on a Mac, and single player remains fine but now whenever I join his game, it loads me randomly in the air without my ship and then I get an error message of "client-server connection no longer valid!", I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted all files in my Starbound folder in my "steamapps" in the Mac library as well to start completely fresh. Please help? I mean I can still play single player but not able to play with my best friend now is extremely disappointing. I'd appreciate it.

P.S. I googled and all the problems I've seen have given a log, I don't receive one, I just hit "Join Game" through Steam, and I select my character and bam, I'm playing with him. Other remedies I've seen in my deep google searching is changing your port, but again, i'm not technically joining any server, I'm just joining his game, and vice versa.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

FYI: The log is always created when starbound is started and is stored in the storage folder. It may appear as only "starbound" depending on OS and file extension settings.

For the problem you and your friend encounter it seems to be a networking issue with either steam or an unstable or slow internet-connection. Maybe you should try setting up a server and directly connect via ip instead of using steam multiplayer.
    Or maybe change the steam download region. For what i heard it affects online play.