Help merging for Kisekae/Get Dressed + Limit for Farmer Hairstyles?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KashiyuNocchan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. KashiyuNocchan

KashiyuNocchan Void-Bound Voyager

New
    Hello! I wanted to ask some assistance editing the XNB files of Kisekae (formerly known as the "Get Dressed" mod) in order to add more clothing items to the mod? I want to edit mine so I can add this mod to my game:

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2864

How do I merge the PNGs so they can appear in the game?

I also wanted to ask whether there was a way to change the limit of hairstyles for the Farmer in the game? Because I've merged all my hair mods into one XNB and it worked well, but it doesn't show all the hairstyles because they cut at the 200th hairstyle to return to the first one.

Sorry for all these questions, I'm a noob at modding, and I'm not sure what to do, it already took me a long time to learn how to edit my XNBs ^^;

Thank you very much!

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

200 hairstyles? o_O
      Not sure if you made them by yourself or not, but I doubt if all hairstyles mod in nexus combined to one will reach like 200 hairstyles..
      So perhaps if you upload this combined hairstyle mods of yours?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i dunno, i have a mod with like 4-5 hair packs and it has over a hundred :rofl: some creators get super busy, hahahaha(now if only i could double or triple my bottoms options like that)

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Yes, there is a limit of 336 hairstyles, so you can only have a couple of hairstyle mods at once (believe me, I've tried). But, with the new content patcher for 1.3 you can have two different hairstyle files, one for males and one for female, essentially doubling the number of hairstyles you can have. There are other tokens you can use as well (such as loading different hair files whether the player picks cats or dogs) so you could technically have like 5 or 6 full files of hairstyles (though if you were to use every single hair style ever published you only need about three files). Anyway, there's my two cents about it

For the clothes, it depends on what you want to add what you have to do. There is a limit on shirts like hair, but I haven't reached it yet, and I have every shirt mod I could find combined into one.
          For pants/skirts/shoes/whatnot, you can add them to Kisekae/GetDressed without much of a problem. If you help getting those into your game let me know and I can give you some help.

You can also change your sleeve length for your shirts, but can only have one sleeve length at a time (for now, hopefully that gets changed soon)

So you have a lot of options, if you want any help feel free to ask :)

• coldazrael

@Zosa
            More than one hundred is possible, but 200? As much I've surfed nexus mods I have no idea if there are alot of hairstyle mod that makes you reach 200 hairstyles. o_O

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

to be fair i am talking about unstable conglomerations of hairs from multiple creators :rofl: for sure i am also interested in seeing OPs hair pack

• coldazrael

Anyways, I'd like to see @KashiyuNocchan 's mixed hair xnb in case there is a mistake or something. :cautious:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

yes, i want a copy to check for any "mistakes" too

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

My DIYCP mods were made just for times like this.
                    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2093

Download that mod, open the hairstyles.png in an image editing software and go to town. Saving the png when you're done is all you have to do to make them appear in game. To add more, you can make the png file taller.

fadedwaif, blouwho? and Zosa like this.