Modding Help Help me with a whip

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by VampERRus, Aug 18, 2022.

1. VampERRus

VampERRus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello there, people

Making a custom mod here but I am not a coder. I don't speak Lua and I can only edit JSONs.
    So, since I am a big fan and hater of the Doom Cannon for having an awesome design and idea but having terrible stats, I wanted to make a different weapon with the Doomed effect.
    Thing is, as of right now the whip should have a physical primary attack and the usual crack with the Doomed effect as an addition for the alt attack. But since I did copy everything from the original Energy Whip I get the primary attack dealing the doom damaged and the alt attack being straight up from the Energy Whip one. I don't believe I have any leftover code from Energy Whip's alt attack left in the activeitem file though.

Despite all this, this is a simplified option of my original plan. Ideally I would want a basic 2-handed rope whip with the alt ability being something like the Empowered from the fixed Protectorate Sword, and having these attacks deal the doomed damage. However I have less than negative amount of understanding how the Empowerment effect works, how to make it fit a whip and if I need to do some lua coding in order to change it to apply the Doomed effect.

I will attach my archive here, if you can tell me what I need to do or fix some code yourself I'd greatly appreciate it. I also attached the png placeholders so that it wouldn't be invisible in the game, or worse - crash it.
    Thanks for reading this by the way
    (also I didn't add the metadata since I have it as a part of a bigger mod. Just add it to one of your mods and spawn it with a command /spawnitem doomwhip)

Attached Files: