Modding Help Help, lost my weapon :(

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by claudekennilol, Sep 15, 2017.

1. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Help, dropped my weapon :(.

I'm asking in the modding forum because I don't know if this is a random drop from vanilla, from FU, or if it's specific/not random at all.. I was fighting dreadwing, and accidentally hit Q. I didn't even know dropping my equipped item was a thing--I've since bound it to something on the opposite side of the keyboard. Well, I killed dreadwing, then his penguin lackeys finished me off because I was kind of out of it without my main weapon.. So I died so it spawned me back on my ship, my weapon laying somewhere in the snowy wastes near dreadwing's wreckage.

I realize I'll soon replace it, but I'd like to be able to get it back now. I'm hoping if I describe it, then someone can tell me how to /spawnitem it back to me.

It's a level 4 staff, the primary is a fireball, and the secondary is an energy recharge glyph thing. So if it's possible to get back please let me know.

If it's possible to get back.. then I also need to know how to enable these commands (assuming they're not enabled by default). Any help is appreciated.

2. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Assuming you haven't opened your character twice ....

Go to storage/player. Delete the player file and rename the OLDEST bak file for that player. Hopefully it is from before you dropped your staff. If you've reopened your player more than once though, this won't work.

If it's a procedurally generated weapon, I don't think there's a way to spawn it. Named weapons, yes. Ones generated on the fly - no.

3. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Awesome! Thanks. I hadn't played since then so my backup still had the item in the bag. Here's what I did. I used the dump_versioned_json.exe to convert the backup to json, then I looked at all the items in the bag until I found one that looked like it matched what I was looking for. Then I converted the most recent save to json, added that item back into the bag, and then converted the json back into save with the make_versioned_json.exe tool. For anyone curious this is the item I was talking about.
    {
    "id" : "Item",
    "version" : 8,
    "content" : {
    "parameters" : {
    "seed" : 5446494271642091542,
    "shortdescription" : "Manaticon Phasecaster",
    "altAbilityType" : "energyzone",
    "level" : 4,
    "primaryAbilityType" : "elementblast",
    "elementalType" : "fire",
    "animationPartVariants" : {
    "handle" : 1,
    "crown" : 2
    },
    "primaryAbility" : {
    "fireTimeFactor" : 0.0845508,
    "baseDpsFactor" : 0.287778,
    "energyUsageFactor" : 0.0538054
    }
    },
    "name" : "rarestaff",
    "count" : 1
    }
    }

So yes, it does look like it was a generated item. Thanks for your help in getting me started down the right path ^_^.

slowcold likes this.
  4. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

:)

You are more than welcome. I liked your solution to getting it back while keeping your progress.