1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Help Launching Game

Discussion in 'Support' started by VKAT, Sep 12, 2017.

1. VKAT

VKAT Space Hobo

Hello,
    I'm hoping I can get some help as this is my last resort before I think I wont be able to play Stardew Valley again. I've put almost 400 hours into the game and I love it to pieces but I'm having some issues and I'm not tech savvy enough to fix them.

So here's what's going on:
    the game does not launch. it will come up as 'running' in my steam library but the icon wont even appear on the task bar. It will act like its trying to launch then just give up. I've dived deep in forums and troubleshooting steps trying to fix the issue on my own but I'm unsuccessful.

Here's troubleshooting I've tried:
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 3 times now, disabled steam overlay, verified integrity of the game files, deleted the Startup_preferences in AppData folder, downloaded C Cleaner in hopes to clean up the registry, powered my pc off and on several times even unplugged it for a few minutes to make sure the power was completely off. I did hear about this site www.freewisdoms I tried downloading a package of files commonly used by games. after downloading the packet and opening it trying to extract it in to SysWOW64 and System 32 folders I received many errors as the files pathways were not correct.

this is a shared computer and I believe I figured out what may had happened but I'm not sure how to fix. hopefully someone here can
    a family member had copied and pasted Program Files (x86) and Program Files folder on my C: drive (low storage space SSD) to the D: Drive (larger capacity hard drive)

now all of the other games installed on this computer have worked with no issue other than having needed to be reinstalled. everything else BESIDES Stardew Valley. with the upcoming multiplayer coming up I'd like to get this fixed so I can continue to enjoy the game.
    Hopefully this makes sense to someone and they can explain to me how to fix this...

please I hope someone can help me...I miss playing this game a lot....