1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Juice Box!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Juice Box, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

Juice Box has not played Starbound for a while and is having trouble understanding things that are happening, help please.

(Orange text disabled to save your eyes)
    Juice Box was playing Starbound for his first time since the great character wipe some time ago and things are confusing for him now.

Here are Juice Box's problems:

1. Juice Box landed on a forest planet and built a nice, pretty house. Later Juice Box went mining for coal to adventure to other planets. Juice Box then came back to his house to find 3/4 of it missing... what the glob happened?

2. (May relate to #1)
    Juice Box then rebuilt his house with the thought in mind of some exploding plant or monster that may have caused it, Juice Box found a sky-ship-flying-gun-dealer-thing. Juice Box had to then let out some pulp from his system, and upon returning Juice Box found himself dead. Later returning to the ship Juice Box found most of it missing, similar to his household.

3. Juice Box then left the planet and went to another, upon beaming down Juice Box found himself very cold, the screen was pitch black, and Juice Box died within ~10 seconds. Did Juice Box find an ocean planet, or are they not a thing yet?

4.Juice Box lost his Molly Glasses, (he thinks they are very rare)

Juice Box is mad because he is bad.

P.S: Juice Box just found this emote
    :lickitung:

MysticMalevolence, Yzzey and M C like this.
  2. 1. Meteor
    2. Meteor
    3. Really really cold planet late at night? Maybe you were also hungry?
    4. I'm sorry ;_;

Yzzey, M C, Jonesy and 12 others like this.
  3. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Probaly a large meteor hit ur house. Just move to another planet

Serenity likes this.
  4. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

What Molly said. Also, Juice Box reminds me of Craig David.

Serenity likes this.
  5. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Meteors are merciless, Juice Box. They have a nasty tendency to beat the pulp out of anything you build on planets that get them frequently. You might want to consider getting some new real-estate somewhere else in the universe.

6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Juice Box should invest in a multi floored house or a bunker. It may not help with the big chunks, but the showers can be stopped with some quick to place buffer.

Also, invest in chairs and beds. If Juice Box needs to step away from the computer, sleep in a bed with some nearby lighting, it should prevent death by temperature and stop the hunger bar(note, it won't fill it, that's food's job). Make a ball of dirt around you if you are out in the field so that any wandering mobs don't get you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  7. Custardsquare

Custardsquare Big Damn Hero

Get the sandbox ship mod ;-0 make your spaceship yer house mm mm?

8. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

1 and 2 were meteors, and from the sounds of it, the small version. Large meteors would have blown up the entire avian ship.
    3. You probably warped into an oddly shaped tundra planet or asteroid field and fell into the derezzing sector on the bottom of every map or froze to death as tundras and space are pretty cold.
    3.5. When you spawn on a planet for the first time, it is usually day time (excusing moons and asteroid fields{they are always dark, but their night time is darker than normal}). You cannot spawn on a planet during night time unless you were wandering on the planet for a while before beaming back up. While on your ship, times moves faster on your home and hovering planet, so you can wait on your ship for ~30 seconds to turn night into day.

Recommendations:
    1. When selecting a planet for civilization, wander around it for ~30 minutes real time to test it for unfriendly weather systems. A planet can only have one weather system. Weather is like rain, acid rain, small meteors, super massive meteors, sparkle showers, dust storms, hail storms, and some others. When a weather system shows up, you can rest assured that it is the weather system and you should leave or stay depending if you like the weather.
    2. When landing on a moon or asteroid, make sure to have crafted and worn your survival system after killing giant evil robot guy and crafting your robot table.

Molly glasses: They can be found on Matter Generator planets inside the giant metal buildings. You can reference the coordinate megathread to find one such planet.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Juice Box likes this.
  9. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, those glasses. I thought he meant Molly's Glasses, and was wondering why he didn't just mod another pair in.

10. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

From this thread, here's a picture of what probably happened while you were away from the keyboard:

nao4.jpg

Note, this is a large meteor. There can be smaller meteor showers (each slightly smaller than your character, but potentially more than one of them at a time).

If you see one gigantic circular crater, that would be the work of this guy. If you see lots of smaller holes (roughly 4x4 or 6x6) then it would be small meteor showers.

For #3, it is possible to find planets where the beam-down point is "below the surface" even though it is actually on the surface of the planet. There is a set point on each planet where the "surface" layer stops, even if there is no land above that point. Your beamdown point was very likely below this point, which means that the backdrop prevents light from coming in (causing darkness). If you went to a Snow/Cold planet, you would also start freezing to death.

If you were on almost any planet at night, with gear that does not provide much warmth, it is also possible to freeze to death.

11. IAmTheMilkMan

IAmTheMilkMan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Holy, I've never seen a meteor that big T_T quite frankly i'm glad I haven't!

12. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't listen to any of those people.

They're all tools.

What you need are entities who know about this sort of thing.

Beings who have karma and mojo.

You need Bolger & Poppycock.

Psychic Detective Agency

MysticMalevolence and XaoG like this.
  13. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

oh juice box how i've missed you.
    also that's some nice luck you have there :sarcasm:

Juice Box likes this.
  14. Juice Box

Juice Box played with Molly long ago, and she gave JB her glasses. Juice Box does indeed think it was these.

Juice Box missed you also.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    M C likes this.
  15. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

You know when I introduced myself and I handed you that electronic space card with all my cosmic business data on it?

I'm going to need that back.

16. Juice Box

Juice Box has met all kind of Psychic Doctors and Detectives like yourself, "trying to help Juice Box".
    Juice Box will give you thy card back, but keep your floozits and whutzits to your own ferlumples.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  17. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I like the way juice box speaks in 3rd person :rofl:

MysticMalevolence and M C like this.