Modding Discussion Help Identifying Mod of Origin

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Shaadaris, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Hiiii. So after ages I decided to start a heavily modded Starbound playthrough again... Mostly out of curiosity about 1.4's content, as well as new and big mods.

UNFORTUNATELY there is one incredibly irritating element that is driving me mad (aside from Vanilla's insistence on every single NPC sidequest sending me to the opposite end of a planet to the exact same dungeon every single time even though there are dozens of structures to choose from on this planet WHY MUST IT BE THAT FLORAN DUNGEON EVERY TI-) anyway yeah, the thing driving me mad is a bug.
    Nono, not that kind of bug.
    A bug.

Specifically, a small variant of the "bobfly" unique enemy, which spawns in SWARMS on a T1 swamp, and every single hit from one (even seemingly sometimes without getting hit?) inflicts a debuff called "Alien Virus" which seems to last SEVERAL MINUTES and does exactly 2 damage every second or so while turning my character bright green each time damage is inflicted.

I have no idea what mod is the cause, but if this is their idea of good enemy design, I want said mod gone from my mod setup unless it's integral. Problem being, I have NO way of determining which mod is the creator of the status or enemy. I've tried googling, to no avail.
    upload_2019-8-28_1-40-51.png

EDIT: Also if anyone could help ID another mod, which is making my Avian SAIL look like this, that would be great. It's overwriting the Racial AI Restorer Recolour which is a pain because crystals > whatever the heck that beak-lipped monstrosity is meant to be.
    upload_2019-8-28_1-44-5.png

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I know what the insect that is poisoning you is known as a Humming Bug from the mod Pandora's Box. The status effect it is hitting you with is actually a slightly unique version of regular poisoning. It deals less damage at once but lasts longer making it a little pesky to deal with. It can be prevented by all of the same ways as regular poisoning. Use a Poison Antidote, or equip a poison protection augment to prevent it from happening. The monsters themselves are also pretty fragile, so if you get an okay gun you can easily just shoot before they are a problem. (On a side note the status effect only lasts 100 seconds.)

As for the S.A.I.L. I can not tell you what that is, but it is kind of funny.