1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Help! I can't run my server on CentOS.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by jahwah, Aug 4, 2016.

1. jahwah

jahwah Space Hobo

Hello! I am trying to setup my CentOS machine to run a starbound server so my buds can play while I'm off doing adult stuff (Working, cooking, paying bills etc. etc.) And I am able to get everything setup except when I go to run ./starbound_server I get the following errors:

./starbound_server: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./starbound_server)
    ./starbound_server: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by ./starbound_server)
    ./starbound_server: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./starbound_server)

I have been researching this independently, but I cannot seem to find an resolution to this issue. I know CentOS is an... older version of Linux and I also realize this may not be an issue related to the server program itself, but I simply don't know where else to turn. Please advice on what I should be doing, or at least on where I should take this issue to.

Much appreciated!
    Dr. Prof. Jahwah (Not in sys admin, clearly)

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Try:
    Code:
    yum -y update glibc
    This should update glibc to the latest version available for your OS. After installing this you may have to reboot your system.

~ Iris ~

3. jahwah

jahwah Space Hobo

Thank you for that! I ran the command you suggested which informed me that my glibc was already up to date, however I had not tried to reboot my system after updating. Unfortunately after a reboot I am still getting the same errors. For the record, I am running CentOS 6.8 and am unable to upgrade any higher (it's a long story), and I am not sure if that is relevant information.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Well it seems that your OS is too old according to the information i found. If you want to stay on CentOS the version CentOS 7.2 should work according to the rpmfind.

~ Iris ~