Hello, new here (;

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dainank2, Mar 28, 2016.

1. WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

Im so coming to the wizard's birthday party next weak with a essence or two :mad:

• Omnislash024

Omnislash024 Big Damn Hero

I'm new to this game, but not to Harvest Moon type games. So I was able to jump in.

This game could use some starting guides, such as how to use your tools, some crop and animal info.

Learn how to use your tools, use profits to expand and upgrade. Explore and meet people. Learn how to plan out crop rotations, keep track of days and weather. Learn to fish and mine.

Most of all, do what you want and have fun.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

...if you don't know the answer, please just say so, lol. There's no need to be cryptic...because whether I can or not determines whether or not I bother with focusing on getting his hearts as high as possible as fast as possible. >_<

• Indigo Rose

Indigo Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't mind human Rainbow Dash. He/she/it is being a massive troll.

• Zaelox

Zaelox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Heyo! Welcome :)

Don't go to Ravenholm.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I see. Well, it's definitely something I could see CA doing, so I was like: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF lol

• Dainank2

Dainank2 Phantasmal Quasar

I am confused ): Hey another question. There are several different places where you can sell your items. Is there any difference in the amount of money you earn from these different spots (e.g. 2 shops in town and your box thingy at ur house)?

Thank You!

• Flipsidefish41

Flipsidefish41 Intergalactic Tourist

no there is no difference in pricings ( eg selling fish at willys shop or putting in it your bin NO Difference). But you can sell weapons and rings at the adventures guild, whilst you cant throw those items in the bin at your house. same goes with building materials... you cant put them in your bin but you can sell them at the carpenters shop

• Dainank2

Ok, even farm stuff?

• DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Oh thank God. I kept waiting last night for someone to come in and point this out and the joke just kept going and going and nobody was stopping me and I was starting to panic!

For the record, though: inciting people with hateful racist, sexist, or other incendiary statements and disingenuous questions is 'trolling.' Pranking newbies is - I will concede - at best juvenile and irritating, but at some point 'trolling' started to become a synonym for saying anything that wasn't strictly the truth, up-to and including irony, sarcasm, and implying that George will secretly become some kind of building-destroying monster if the Wizard doesn't teach you how to suppress his inhuman form before winter comes.

• Indigo Rose

Indigo Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Eh. The way I see it, continuing the joke even after it becomes clear some people actually believe you're telling the truth is enough to count as trolling, because at that point you're basically just spreading misinformation. No worries, though, since it's been resolved and all.

• zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

Another thing I remembered! The quickest path to and from the mines or Carpenter's house is up to the left of your home. You can stay out until 1:00 a.m. with no penalty. Anything after that you lose energy and eventually at 2 you'll faint and be left with half energy.

• Shajhirah

Shajhirah Master Chief

Get a few (4-5) tree tappers as soon as you can. Acquire maple syrup. Buy some sugar and flour.

The moment you get the maple bar recipe, you will thank me. Statistically the best food in the game.

(and on that note, check the TV every single day for new recipes. Some of them only roll around once a year.)

• Omnislash024

Omnislash024 Big Damn Hero

My schedule:

Check Calendar, Watch TV.

Harvest/Plant Crops. Water crops.

Animals.

Fishing/Socialize/Forage

If it's gonna rain, I'll get the animals inside early evening.

On rainy days I mine.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, there's no difference in price (though I don't know if that's the case with JojaMart, since they have a price HIKE on their goods...it wouldn't surprise me if they BOUGHT for less than normal as well).

What I normally do is (especially when I don't have much money)...I'll avoid using the bin at first, taking the goods to Pierre's to sell and then buy more seeds on the spot. However, once I start getting some funds, I will throw only 1/4-1/2 of my goods into the bin (the starred ones in particular) and then sell the rest to Pierre anyway. I do this because I like seeing the reactions of the townsfolk when they've bought one of my goods from him. :rofl:

I also set aside a few of each harvest in a chest (make sure to save at least 1 gold starred of each if you get them, so you can decide what to use in the fall festival, and you need to get 5 gold starred parsnips, 5 gold starred pumpkins, 5 gold starred melons, and 5 gold starred corn - you need to get 3 of these 4 for the community center). I set these aside for once I start getting more kegs and preserving jars because it'll give a nice source of income. THey also make pretty good birthday presents (Abigail, for example, LOVES pumpkins...Penny LOVES poppies, Haley LOVES sunflowers, Maru LOVES cauliflower, and Leah LOVES salad - which I just buy from Gus to give to her :rofl:).

For a guide about how to determine what to keep for the fall festival so you can get over the 90ish required points, see this thread: community.playstarbound.com/threads/guide-fair-grange-display-best-items.110583/

Hope that stuff helps. ^^
                                Honestly, I just thought it was one of those secrets that CA put in. It wouldn't have surprised me in the least. :rofl:
                                In my case, what I normally do depends on the day of the week, whether I have the horse (I get it ASAP), and how my luck is faring that day.

If the spirits are happy or very happy, then I will always try to focus on fishing (so I can get more treasure chests, etc.)...unless it's wednesday or saturday, in which case I will do the fishing with what's left of the day after foraging.

On neutral days, I flip a coin to decide whether I go fishing or mining. On the "bad luck" days I'll always go mining.

I always do my "foraging runs" on Wednesdays and Saturdays though, since most of (if not all) of the spawns persist through the week, and then respawn on Sunday. Of course, I pick up and dig up things I see as I'm running around, but...yeah..I only focus on the foraging twice a week.

I also always check the travelling merchant on friday and sunday to see if I can find a cheap iridium sprinkler (normally don't, but they can be either 3k or 5k gold, well worth the cost...Krobus sells one every friday for 10k once you unlock the sewers as well). It's definitely worth working towards this ASAP, cause these things are awesome. :3

Also keep in mind, that speed buffs from FOOD and speed buffs from COFFEE stack (but ONLY these two)...so you can use something like Pepper Poppers and Coffee to move REALLY fast. This is why I always check Gus for the "special" foods he makes every day...as you can find some of the really good foods there. They're expensive, but it's well worth it for the PUmpkin Soup, Pepper Poppers, Lucky LUnch, Spicy Eel, etc. The high luck and speed foods in particular are worth it.

Hopefully CA will put a coffee machine in for us as well at some point, but in the meantime you have to pay 300 gold per coffee for that. I still think that's worth it, though. =x

• WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

Rainbow dash...

You "Heart-ily" destroyed my calm mood right there.

• DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

A little bit of existential agricultural terror is good for the soul.

• WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

Ive had those before,dont worry,its when i was being raped by some eels but i managed to sit by a megabomb and it killed em all lel.

• Dainank2

Ok, Thank You for all the information guys :)

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

In summer, plant lots of blueberries, you'll get rich with those in no time. Same goes for cranberries in fall. :proper: