Heliblob

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Danisaurus, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Danisaurus

Danisaurus Void-Bound Voyager

So I made a crappy thing for the monster contest... blaah..... But I wanted to make something better. So what did I do? I made something better. So yeah. Anyways.

Some Stupid Background Story
    After many years of their species being killed due to their... lack of mobility, The Blobs found... technology! Despite it was stolen from another planet, they used that technology to take flight! Now they are much faster. The only downside is that.... Well, they can't do much other than fly.

Appearance
    Heliblobs are hanging pieces of goo sticking on a little propeller. They have eyes. Wow thats pretty much it.

Fight Style
    They fly fast and try to ram themselves into the enemy. They often come in groups to surround the enemy so that they cant escape. Due to their weak propellers, they cant fly too high, and often just float. They are extremely light as well, so if the air gets windy, they'll blow away. (Their weakness is a blow-dryer!)

Purdy Pictures

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Anatomy of a Slime

[​IMG]

As shown in the picture, the 'muscles' of the Goo are strongest at the tip. Though at its head all it can really do is dangle. Its muscles are actually just super-condensed pieces of goo controllable with its main muscle. Itself. All the parts that AREN'T the muscles are the main muscles which controls the muscles. Derp. Anyways. So this explains how they hang onto the propellers. Their 'Tails' hang onto the hollow insides of the propellers and start it, letting the wind take care of the rest.

Goo World
    [​IMG]
    Bored. So I did this. Its only inhabitants are the goos. They live off goo for their food and water. Much of the planet hasn't been touched, which means there are still many beautiful natural formations (And treasures!). Its atmosphere is extremely windy, (For the sake of the propellers) and very cloudy.

Growth

[​IMG]
    So as the Goo's grow, they grow darker... and longer... and... not as cute :( But anyways. Then.. they turn into something completely different... and it is.... Not drawn yet. So Ill leave you with this. And go draw it.

Rock-->LiquidSoild Blob-->Midget Squishy Blob-->Dangly Blob-->Serpentine Blob

Zoraculus likes this.
  2. Danisaurus

I added a little ballon one... :3

3. Zoraculus

Zoraculus Smile Guy

Dat goo. I love it.

I could imagine myself running around aimlessly through a planet, and suddenly a group of these things start raining on me.

4. fishboyliam

fishboyliam Cosmic Narwhal

I WANT JET PAK BLOBS!1!!!1!!1 srsly, having jetpacks would be boss :3

5. Danisaurus

Hey, thanks guys! Later tonight im going to make a few things that arent pixel art. One thing Im planning on doing is explaining how they make the propellers spin. Rofl. Also "Anatomy of a Goo"

6. fishboyliam

Anatomy in a nutshell- they are slimy. End of story.

7. Danisaurus

Yup. Thats basically whats its gonna be.

8. Danisaurus

The Anatomy didnt turn out the way I wanted... But whatever.

9. Danisaurus

I added Growth! They grow from rocks! Of course!

10. Danisaurus

Three-- No, now four posts in a row by the same person....
    [​IMG]

11. fishboyliam

Good luck finding some real friends sir. Mabey it could be your mom :rofl:. When starbound comes out wana meet up on some planet?

12. Danisaurus

Lol. Im not sure the multiplayer will be that way exactly, but it would be awesome if it were.