Complete Helen's Festive Giveaway! Contest #1

Discussion in 'Community Contests/Giveaways' started by Hel, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

[​IMG]

Welcome everyone to my first Festive giveaway!
    Doing a giveaway like this has been something I wanted to have done for well over a year now. Mos of you probably know I did giveaways before, but for December 2017 I want to do things a little differently.

This is a first for me to give away actual games for my contests. Normally I hand out tasty discounts.

I do these contests to give back to such a great community. I love being here and thank you guys for making this place so good to me.

The prize is a game called Besiege. You can read about it and find out the game. Suggested by my friend @D.M.G.

The Contest
    This contest is simple. For this contest all you need to do is post your favourite game character, what game they're from with an image of them with your entry. Try not to make the image too big, okay?

Your post number will be your raffle number. I will randomly select a number using a generator to decide a winner. Your characters do not make a difference between winning and losing. Its there to make this more fun and interesting

I would like to point out you can only enter this contest too if your account was created BEFORE 30th November 2017.
    The Rules
    • Please provide your favourite character's name, game and image with your posts to make things more interesting
    • Only post once. If you post more than once you could face disqualification
    • The prize is a Steam game. So please do not enter if you do not have a valid Steam account
    • ll pick the winner on December 25th. The winner will be notified here and via a PM
    • Abide by all forum rules
    • Please do not post if your account is created after 30/11/2017
    • Please do not post if you are not going to enter. I want this to be clutter free honestly. Helps when picking the winner
    The deadline is set for December 24th at 6pm GMT.​

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Beast from Wand Wars! (For obvious reasons). Real fun game, check it out!
    [​IMG]

Parrotte, Firebird Zoom and Jellyman like this.
  3. MistyTheNeko

MistyTheNeko Ketchup Robot

Galactic Commander Mars!
    Because she's an amazing character, and looks amazing too!
    I really do like Pokémon characters.
    [​IMG]

4. Jellyman

Jellyman Phantasmal Quasar

This person from the Creeper World 3 :D (completely not about minecraft for sure i tell you for sure)

You can see his name in the image :p
    SkarsgardAbraxiS.png

5. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Donovan, one of the two playable characters in Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment.
    [​IMG]

6. Ferrel_Skarab

Ferrel_Skarab Aquatic Astronaut

Master Chief from halo

thumb-350-617270.jpg

7. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

Daxter from Jack & Daxter series

[​IMG]

8. Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Crash from the Crash Bandicoot franchise.
    [​IMG]

9. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sarrah Kerrigan, StarCraft
    [​IMG]

10. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hat Kid from A Hat in Time
    [​IMG]

11. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

> I Don't wonna join the competition < i just wonna join in on showing off my favorite game character.

Big daddy the main villain in Rogue trip (not because he was a very likeble character but because of his awesome giant killer robot) the my second and still best playstasion game i ever own. he was only playeble in one level But MAN Was it fun to be able to play as him in his giant killer mech robot with a cheat code.
    oh how i dreamt as a little kid of going through the main game in his robot or a hole game for it self with his robot.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Hmm, how about these?

[​IMG]

Aqua, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and 2.8
    Aqua's story (like Roxas, probably my favorite character from this series. I think Aqua would fit a little better though, she's actually super nice) is a tragic one. When she was just a teen, her friends Terra and Ven (which is short for Ventus, but she affectionately calls him Ven) left their home to find Master Xehanort, destroy the Unversed, and save the worlds. After a while of stopping the spreading of darkness, Aqua finds out that her master, Master Eraqus, had been struck down by Terra and Xehanort. After tracking down Terra to the Keyblade Graveyard, Aqua finds not only Terra, but Xehanort and Ven. After a battle with one of Xehanort's minions named Braig, she fights Vanitas, a part of Ven (the dark part to be exact). After the battle, Ven is sent into what is essentially a coma. She brings Ven back to their home, and transforms the academy - and the world - into a place now known as Castle Oblivion. She hid him in a secret room, where he still sleeps today. After that, she tracks down Terra again, only to find that Xehanort has possessed his body. After being unable to bring Terra back, she has a battle with him. As Terra/Xehanort are about to fall into a portal to the dark realm, she dives in and saves them, but sacrifices herself in the process. All she had in her life was taken away, and more. She lost her friends, freedom, and was trapped in the realm of darkness. I like Aqua as a character because she's was kind, positive, and put her friends above all else, even herself. She went around from world to world setting things right and fixing their problem, just because it was the right thing to do, and once she's trapped in the realm of darkness, she keeps hope for as long as possible. She's truly an inspiration to keep positive and help those around you.

[​IMG]

Kaho Reinol, Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
    Kaho Reinol was a young priestess when she set out on her quest to cure the land. You see, the land was being polluted by an evil, and Kaho was totally willing to find out and stop whatever it was. She arrived in an ancient forest, and made her way to the queen to try and ask for her aid. During her journey to the castle, she found out that the queen was actually the one causing the evil. At her confrontation of the queen, she decided to absorb all of the evil magic (which counteracted with the good magic she had), purifying the land. In this process, she killed herself. She sacrificed herself just to save her friends and family. For this act of heroism, the gods made her a sage. In Momodora II, you must pray to her to gain 1 of 4 blessings. With all the blessings, you're able to defeat the queen of hell (Hel :3 ). In Momodora III, you can travel back in time and face a boss with Kaho named Haegok. This, and the fact that the gods turned her into a sage shows that during her lifetime, she was always protecting her town and church from the forces of evil. I mean, look at this thing!!!

[​IMG]
    (Kaho is on the far left)

Try to honestly tell me that that isn't some sort of demon lord!!!

Anyway, thank you for listening about 2 characters I like. I hope from these walls of text, you start to enjoy them as much as I have c:

Parrotte, ModeGone and Firebird Zoom like this.
  13. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Big Daddy from Bioshock

This metal-clad hulking monster is, in my opinion, one of the best characters in video game history. Every encounter with it is terrifying, it's immense durability and power making the player question weather it's even worth it in the first place. Accompanying the Big Daddy are the Little Sisters, young girls that contain Adam, arguably the most powerful resource in Rapture. While you will have to use the Little Sisters as a source for Adam, you will have to go through Big Daddy first.

Best dude.jpg (Sorry for absurdly large picture)

14. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Did someone say "free game"?

I couldn't decide between the two of them, so I might aswell introduce both!
    WarioundWaluigi.jpg

Wario and Waluigi! The fun versions of the two original brothers! They both appear in a bunch o' games, but Wario's is the best in Super Smash Bros. But nothing gets past Waluigi in Super Mario Strikers Charged Football. :proper:

15. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Hmm... favorite video game character? Why, the one and only OG Strong Female Lead in video game history, the most butt-kicking bounty hunter of all time, that's who!

Name: Samus Aran
    Game: Metroid

[​IMG]

16. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

You're damn cruel, asking me to pick my favourite character. That's like asking me what my favourite book is. shasiudhaudhausdihiahsdiuhaksdjfkwbm
    How could you?

Pokemon is perhaps the game that means the most to me, and what better than the most badass Pokemon character?

Red, Pokemon master, tamer of dragons, ruler of legends, and Pokédex researcher.
    pokemon_red_by_sallyxin-d54iyhy.jpg

Edit: This is probably too large.

17. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Venom Snake
    5725754-1186476082-debd7.jpg

Not to be confused with Naked Snake, a.k.a. the original soldier known as Big Boss (whom Venom was modelled after).

Nor Naked Snake's clone of the Les Enfantes Terribles project: Solid Snake (who kills Venom thinking he was Naked, later finally killing Big Boss).

(Yes, Metal Gear Solid is a strange game series :)).

18. Fineya

Fineya Space Hobo

My favorite charakter is Velvet from Tales of berseria
    Why? = I liked her character development. Her feelings, her rage it all seems real for me. If the story progresses I could feel like her and i saw how many situations, how her friend, helped her to change.
    [​IMG]

19. TheTimeWulf

TheTimeWulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My most recent favourite has been Teba from Breath of the Wild.
    He's one of the best written characters - in my opinion - that aren't the main cast (Zelda, Link, Ganon, etc etc). After all, he plays a huge part in the Rito quest line. Also, his son (Tulin) is adorable.
    And, yes, if you were wondering, I play Avian on Starbound. Coincidence, probably not.

[​IMG]

20. Snipes8117

Snipes8117 Void-Bound Voyager

The Palicos from Monster Hunter! Freaking sentient cats that can hunt monsters alongside me? I’m in.

08588838-5949-4A0C-AA99-AE61658AC4C5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
    Parrotte, Sparklink and Firebird Zoom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.