1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Having trouble with custom /spawnitems

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DraikNova, Jun 1, 2017.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Okay, so, I'm trying to spawn a recolored helmet and doomcannon. The helmet is pretty much perfect, except for the fact that it still has an orange sheen in the translucent part, despite the fact that I told it to recolor that part; it just did so only partially and I'm unsure how to correct that. I mean, I could just use the drawables-based online hatter, but I'd like to know what's actually going wrong here. Here's it's command:
    /spawnitem hylotltier5shead 1 '{"directives":"?replace;ffca8a=eab3db;e0975c=d35eae;a85636=97276d;6f2919=59163f;cc1f00=97276d;fda837=9bba3d;ff4f00=9bba3d;ffab38=d1e160"}'

The other thing I'm having difficulty with is spawning a recolored doomcannon. It's not spawning properly for some reason, and just gives me a normal doomcannon. I didn't even change it's projectiles or anything yet. Here's it's command:
    /spawnitem doomcannon 1 '{"directives":"?replace;1a1a1a=59163f;383838=97276d;616161=d35eae;9e9e9e=eab3db;a80003=9bba3d;ff1a1d=d1e160;6d0103=9bba3d;510102=48832f"}'

If anyone could help me figure out what's wrong with these commands and help me fix them, that'd be greatly appreciated.

2. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

This is because that the "orangey grey part" of the sprite is the part that the game reads to recolour. When you see for example, a medic combat vest, it may look green but its original colours are actually a sort of orange-grey. The reason you could recolour the head is because it supports recolouring (since the original sprite from the files is orangey-grey) unlike unique weapons, which are a set sprite. Unique weapons have their sprites in their actual colours, which means that they don't support recolouring in any way.

As for the sheen of the orangey-thingy? I dunno, I prefer to make seperate item files with its own colours.

Edit: You already know this nvm this.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I know that. I'm just trying to figure out why it didn't recolor it completely. Anyway, the reason I assumed recoloring would work on the gun was the way others had made custom weapon sprites. I guess I'll just use the drawables guide I found for the gun, and resort to the hatter for the helmet.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Double-posting because I figured out a fix for the gun finally. The key is to use animationparts and middle. That fixed the gun's recoloration. So if you want a garish pink doomcannon, here's the spawn code. I'll post a new thread for my custom spawnitems once I understand how to mess around with projectiles better (I'm going to try to make it fire three of the green boomerang-like projectiles used in the poison bouncer main that staffs can have but make them inflict doom rather than poison. Ditto for the special, but using poison sticky grenades and the big doom grenade explosion).
    /spawnitem doomcannon 1 '{"animationParts":{"middle":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/unrand/doomcannon/doomcannon.png?replace;1a1a1a=59163f;383838=97276d;616161=d35eae;9e9e9e=eab3db;a80003=9bba3d;ff1a1d=d1e160;6d0103=9bba3d;510102=48832f"}}'