Having/Adopting a Baby - Cut-scene?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xamerzan, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

So my spouse just recently asked if we should have a baby and I immediately noticed something... it's completely impersonal! All they say is "Should we have a baby, <player name>?" If it hasn't already been discussed (which I'm sure it may have at one point or another), there should be a brief cut-scene with your partner where you guys both discuss the possibility of having a child.

rcooper113 likes this.
    • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

This person has some very valid points on the whole marriage/parenthood subject. And yeah, I agree that probably the easiest/fastest way to fix most of these problems would be by just adding extra cut-scenes. Ofc I'd like it to be more than just that, I'd like some more "in-dept" fix, but then again, poor Ape is 1 guy xD

• deukahng

deukahng Big Damn Hero

I heard people suggest having Harvey involved in the cutscene, like you get an alert at night that says your wife is having a baby, then it goes to the cutscene at Harvey's place. Maybe even let you change how the kid looks, eye/hair color.

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Maybe you have some say in how the child will look, but I think that should mostly boil down to the attire you chose for them once they're born. I think there should be an algorithm that determines how your character looks and, if your spouse is the opposite gender for live birth to take place, the child will take on appearances based on how your character and your spouse looks. For adoption, I could see you having a bit more freedom in terms of how the child would look.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I think the mods I'm using to change my char's appearance would kill that algorithm pretty fast ='C

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know what mod you're using, but my guess would be that it would do one of two possibilities... one, it would simply look at the code involved and if it looks similar to a specific code that it's looking for it would go for that, whereas if it's unrecognizable it'll just default to whatever the default look of your character would be. I know it's not that simple when it comes to programming, but that's how I'd probably set it up. ;)