1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Have you noticed your spawn... resetting after one restart?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Bacon, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Heya there.

This is one issue melting my head. We have one default normal planet, it's days fine, restarts, crashes as normal, but always starts with the world file where we have our stuff built there.

But from sudden, server had restarted, started again, the spawn was reseted to default! How is this possible? What did happen with the world file? O__o
    Anybody noticed this? o_O
    I searched can't find anybody that reported something like this happen, however it's the second time on 3 days with us.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. your wold got corrupted and it reverted. Check your wolds file to a .fail file. That is your old corrupted world.

3. Oh i completely forgot about that! Is there no way to fix it right? D:
    Must start doing backups.

4. You can try to rename it back to a .world and run it again, but likely not. I think Blixt had a tool to try and recover them. Might wanna do a bit of searching.

5. renojonathanr

renojonathanr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's my strategy:
    Build spawn. Shut down the server and back up the spawn planet. Then restart.

If spawn is ever griefed or corrupted, just restore the planet, making sure not to forget to delete the universe.dat, universe.chunks and universe.lock files. This is also a good time to reset the universe by clearing all the other worlds.

Since I have a fixed spawn on my server, I use this strategy, along with some tools I made for spawn protection without wrappers. PM me if you are interested in those tools.

Bacon likes this.
  6. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Yes this happens to me as well with every restart. I can't find any logs pertaining to it but in the meantime during my restart process I've just added a small script to copy over the backup.