Modding Help Hats.xnb

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Milkusu, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Milkusu

Milkusu Big Damn Hero

Hi guys, I created an account just to get some help.
    I recently downloaded a Kawaii Hats mod on Nexus mods, that's supposed to make the hats you wear in game different- blah blah.
    I should have saved the original hats.xnb file, but I stupidly did not. I didn't think that it would cause any big problems.
    The mod has caused all my save files to dissapear. When Steam updated the game, and all the files were returned back to normal, my saves appeared again. Not knowing that the hat mod was the problem at the time, when I put all my mods back, everything was fine, BUT- when putting in the hate file, they're gone again.
    What I'm meaning to ask is if there is anyway anyone can give me or link me to the original hats.xnb file? I can't restart AGAIN. Too many hours put in.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

https://www.dropbox.com/s/be67msqkibe7qxq/hatsbak.xnb?dl=0

Here's the original, just rename it back to just hats.xnb .

But I'm not sure if that problem is just caused by that because I'm playing it with the mod (along with others ones) fine.

A good idea to easily find the files again to change back is just by renaming it and leaving it there. My husband named the original files attaching "-bak" to the name because the game won't read it but the file will still be retained in the folder if you choose not to use someone's mod.

madelinealex likes this.
      • CosyAlligator

CosyAlligator Aquatic Astronaut

I saw someone else with a similar problem before, can I ask exactly which folder you are putting the hats.xnb file? There are multiple hats.xnb files, it's possible you could be replacing the wrong one.

• Milkusu

Milkusu Big Damn Hero

Thank you so much, I'm not quite sure what the problem is at this point, I saw that there were some other people losing their save files as well but none of the recommended fixes worked. I just tried replacing the modded hats file, with the original but my saves didn't re-appear.
          I'm not sure when Steam will update the game either, so I'm not sure whether or not starting new would be worth it at this point.
          //sigh.

• Milkusu

Milkusu Big Damn Hero

Originally I had done it incorrectly, replacing the Data hats file, but then fixed it and put it into the Farmer's file. I just tried placing both original files back, in both just now but my saves are still M.I.A.

• CosyAlligator

Are you 100% sure you replaced the one in Data back with the original Data one? It's different than the one in Farmer, so replacing it with the original one from Farmer won't work

• taintedwheat

Does your Steam have Cloud saves enabled? For some reason, it is on mine, idk how you access that, so maybe it automatically has been following your progress? idk D:

I know how it it is investing time into shit and its not working right not too long after

• Milkusu

Milkusu Big Damn Hero

I'm honestly not 100% sure. That may be the issue actually. Is there anyway you can link both of them to me? It would really help.

Attached Files:

• CosyAlligator

• Milkusu

Milkusu Big Damn Hero

My saves are even still there, it's just as if the game isn't reading them.

• Milkusu

Milkusu Big Damn Hero

• taintedwheat

oooh. lame, jeez, I hope the simple file fix above will help. It'd actually be nice if some of the files with the same name DIDNT have that. Oh, if you're using that cbj cheat engine or whatever that isn't for Storm, idk if I'm correctly naming it, but I was having major issues with story progression/cut scenes because of it and it went away soon after I disabled that shit

• CosyAlligator

That's alright! If you wanted, you could probably install the kawaii hats mod now ^-^ It's one of my favourite mods, I highly highly recommend

• macaro0n

macaro0n Void-Bound Voyager