Hatches

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by k5_, Dec 30, 2015.

1. k5_

k5_ Void-Bound Voyager

Not quite as impressive as most of my other requests, but the distinctive lack of horizontal doors, otherwise known as hatches, has been bothering me, despite how impractical they are.

Ship hatches which are just meant to be the horizontal equivalent to ship airlocks are what I'm looking for the most here. To solve any technical issues which inserting them in at this point might cause, I'd say that the easiest way to get them into older save files is to add them automatically to the 3d printer. For the sake of fairness, add the default ship doors to the printer too. The door type depends on the ship, of course. The non-specific ship airlocks could also stand to be added to the printer at gamestart.

-k5

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

3. k5_

k5_ Void-Bound Voyager

I'm aware of it, but I wouldn't mind seeing 5x1 hatches, and other dimensions as well... Platforms are fun and definitely more useful, but it would be a nice touch.

I've tested the mining hatch. It's the reason I'm saying hatches are impractical.

-k5

4. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

Interestingly, this idea

5. ogdred

ogdred Phantasmal Quasar

I love hatches , its a shame there little to no veriety in them.

6. Coricus

Coricus Subatomic Cosmonaut

We at least need hatches themed to each of the racial starships that open from both sides.

Trying to make living quarters in most starship layouts basically requires a ton of hatches, but the current one is both kind of stressful to do anything with but constantly leave open and doesn't match the ship themes that well.

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I would like to have a hatch that when open does not make you drop through, isntead still keeps "platform" behavior requiring you to move downwards through them as you do with platforms.

8. Verion

Verion Intergalactic Tourist

9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The airlock will likely be scanable once we have access to the Hylotl mission