Modding Help Has anyone figured out how to install custom ships mid-game?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RionKatt, Jul 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RionKatt

RionKatt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Has anyone figured out how to install custom ships mid-game? I'd like to know, os that I can at least edit/mod in my own if there have been no plans on making more ship customization options. Or if FCS is no longer updating.

I remember being able to do it ages ago, but not now. If you switch in, say, an Apex ship for a Novakid's save file, then as soon as you upgrade the ship, it goes back to being that stinking train.

I don't understand why the Novakid's ship sucks so much compared to all the other races. Novakid's a cool race, but the ship just plain sucks, imo. Literally every single other ship has tiers on their ships at some point.

2. Ledhead

Ledhead Phantasmal Quasar

You and me both , I'm looking for a gui editor to take one of the cooler ships on steam probably the hytal frigate and change its look to be more Nova kid then I'll figure out how to patch compatibility for tier9 ships mod and work in a new tier. I hate the train too it's such a bugger to navigate being all one direction and all.

3. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Pangalactic Porcupine

Might want to check out the BYOS mod; pretty much FCS but without the size limit that at least the old-school shipworld replacement had, and it's activated via a sidequest for all races so it's optional per player. (It registers as tier 9, I think)

4. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

You can do it, but before you do it, you need to retrieve everything that you have stored and placed there and put them in a safe storage or place like in the planet for example, because when you change of ship you lose everything that is inside of it.

I think that here there some mods that change the default ship for vanilla species.