Harnessing a Star's Energy

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by TheBrossef, May 21, 2017.

?

Do you think we should get energy from stars?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. TheBrossef

TheBrossef Master Chief

OK, you can land on moons to get fuel. We all know that. But what if you could get a special suit or an upgrade to your EPP that allows you to float from your ship to a star and harness it's energy? I thought that you could go to a miniknog base and steal some high tech suit and a vacuum that lets you steal energy from a star in a solar system. I was thinking it could be called an S.U.D. (Solar Utility Device) and it could suck the solar energy from a star. It seems really overpowered, so I thought it could run on AA batteries or a different power source. It could look like a white vacuum that you just left click with in your hand and suck the energy from a star. Also the different types of stars could give off different amounts of energy. Chucklefish, I hope you read this and please consider my idea. Thanks!

soarin24 likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

To what end? What would this energy be used for, and what would make it better than what we already have? You said special energy, so what is so special about it?

3. TheBrossef

TheBrossef Master Chief

1. It would be an easy way to get fuel for your ship (that's the energy I was talking about).
    2. This would give you more fuel than erchius fuel would.
    3. It would add a fun new mini quest to the game.
    If you have any other objections, please tell me.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Fuel us already a non issue. What makes this better? Why would I opt for this method over the others we already have?