Hark, a Stable Update! v. Upbeat Giraffe

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Of course not. No thread on this subforum EVER stays on topic!

2. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

Nooooooooooooooo! What have you done?
    My favourite human armor is gone =(

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Oh come on this was announced literally months ago. It's a little too late to complain now.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  4. Hebephryo

I said the same thing that day.
    Today I'm just repeating myself.

PS anyway,who cares? What done is done.

5. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

For the billionth time people: learn what the terms Alpha and Beta mean in relation to games. So many people that never read the updates and haven't the slightest freaking clue of what they bought come up upset because "Oh no!! My character and world and everything are gone!!" Ummm.....yes....the question is why are you surprised? And the next trick questions: do you think your next character and world are not going to be wiped again? Are you aware this is a game that is not yet released and is undergoing drastic content changes that make it impossible for saves to be supported into the final release? Are you aware it's not exactly reasonable to expect your saves(both from before and ones you may create before the game's full release) to keep working into the final release?

6. Hebephryo

I wasn't that serious as you making it. It's just a shame they decided to remake good armor and left badly looking gear. But everything will change,I agree.

7. Corehaven

Corehaven Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ah that's okay. I liked it anyways. A lot. Having a whole food tree in the game that seems to so far give nothing but some healing bonus, and a timer before you can eat again, makes food even more pointless than before as far as I'm concerned.

Having hunger gave me a reason to sleep in a bed ( you didn't grow hungry if you were were sleeping or sitting in a chair ). And I just liked keeping my character fed. It was an immersion thing for me. Hope there's a mod for it soon.
    Because as it stands, I'm just about literally not eating any food. It's nearly pointless. Would be decent as a combat buff but the timer before you can eat again is pretty long, making food in the game now almost pointless.

Before this, people were making farms, and enjoying all the good food in the game that the devs worked so hard to put in. What's the point now? There's really not one. And making a key element of the game pointless isn't much of an improvement to me.

kamstew, MrStrangerPL and Sese like this.
  8. Limetail

Limetail Aquatic Astronaut

I'm extremely happy, great job! I have encountered a problem though about all the characters in one world, I have little brothers who play my profile and what they do, goes into my world... is their a solution to that problem or do I have to wait for a new update?

9. DarthTrethon

Sorry, hard to distinguish the "Oh no!!" comments that mean "I kinda miss that" from the really bright comments about hoping CF will "fix" the game to restore their lost saves soon......yes, that happened, I'm not making it up. :facepalm:

10. Hebephryo

I understand. There are a lot of complains from guys who don't know the meaning of "early access" and "beta".

DarthTrethon likes this.
  11. ilyich333

ilyich333 Void-Bound Voyager

Man, how true, how true... They ruined everything. They could add food buffs without removing hunger. (and temperature. I liked to get warm by the campfire at nights) That would be a perfect decision. But now all food system is just a pointless junk. What's the point of buffs anyway? Is it a MMOrpg or something, where you go PvP or raiding? No.
    Oh well, till the version 1.0 appears hopefully modders will think of something. (And add even more to surviving)

MrStrangerPL, Corehaven and IQ100 like this.
  12. IQ100

IQ100 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Damn, still no Pausefunction ... its very Bad for Players (how me) to Mining through the Planet and then beginning again from top of the Planet, while not much time. I go Work and was very busy every Day. I can only Play short Games or games with Pause-/Save-function. Think i can now wait again one Year for this on primary function *evil* D::(

Edit: I agree about Hunger what the others wrote. Think much stupid Trolls have cryed about the Stable, Chuckle has hurry to bring it fast out and now much primary functions are missing or not good ... i would more likely waited some more days/weeks and get good stuff ... think that is not what i wish :'(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  13. Pdexter

Pdexter Seal Broken

This might just be me having this issue but I do not have the option to make a Distress beacon at the crafting table. I'm playing on the new stable build. Is there something else I have to do before I am able to craft it, or what is up?

As you can see at the top I have every resource needed to craft it, as far as I know.

[​IMG]

14. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

The distress beacon no longer exists. You must gather 20 core fragments, repair your FTL, and fly to the Gate in your system so you may progress.

Pdexter likes this.
  15. Raven329

Raven329 Void-Bound Voyager

I got to the point where you can pick up water and If you are underground you can dig hellavators and constantly put water under you every few blocks. You can jump and put water above you to propel yourself up if you time the placing right. It only works underground though. Really neat stuff. Definitely worth the wait!

16. Pdexter

Pdexter Seal Broken

Thanks a lot for your help, Ehksidian!

Is there an up-to-date Starbound wiki somewhere? It was rather frustrating not knowing that the Distress beacon no longer exist.

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yeah but isn't it supposed to be temporary anyways?

18. dracoman117

dracoman117 Void-Bound Voyager

(oh, el anterior estaba en otro tamaño inapropiado, ya lo arreglé)

19. kamstew

kamstew Astral Cartographer

the eloquence, it burns. to put things in perspective: this discussion between me and you, which i have had thousands of times in every variation, is more emergent and new to me than this gameplay is now.

honestly i'm not even going to dignify your "Shitistics" with a serious answer, the kind of logic you are trying to use is why i fucking hate game devs.

I guess ill elaborate some since i don't even want to play right now: the primary reason to make a game more general, "80% satisfaction(lool)" or "dumbed down" is because you want to make more money. I personally don't think that's valid reasoning for major changes in a piece of art (for the neanderthals: i'm referring to the game)

It should be an option when you start your character. I'm pretty disappointed that they don't seem to have thought of that.

I personally hated hunger which is why it should be an option, mostly because i liked to afk and multitask while playing starbound. At the same time it kind of removes the drive to find/produce food which is just one less activity in the game that actually matters which is really dumb.

He's just one of those guys who will defend someone else's work to the death for reasons I don't fully understand. maybe they fulfill some social function of maintaining the status quo.[DOUBLEPOST=1422680569][/DOUBLEPOST]
    not sure what game you were playing but i didn't have a true abundance of food until i built a farm.
    you would have to kill 999 creatures to get 999 meat, i'm not really sure what your point is.
    i also didn't die of hunger after starting a game, ever. i just went and got some fruits/veggies/meat to hold me off until i built a farm. L3minecraft n00b

20. DarthTrethon

You could say it's about profits but what if the developers really, genuinely wanted to please as much of their player base as possible? I've seen a couple of people including you make arguments about dumbed down but I can't find any that I can agree with. None of your initial complaints fit with dumbed down though. The quest system is all placeholder at the moment.....all of it will change to have more complex and varied quests so you can feel happy about that. The way planets are set up is boring? Huh? That means what exactly? The robot boss, yeh that one will likely need cheating, at least I will cheat it without even giving it much thought and while this is still a Beta and the game still has to be further balanced before release the devs seem to want this to be extremely tough or borderline unbeatable......not exactly a "let's simplify this to make the noobs happy so they give us money" tactic though so your argument doesn't correlate. The creative mode mod works with the stable and you can get overpowered weapons and armor to beat that pesky robot. Still I'm not seeing your argument about the developers dumbing this to please the masses for profits one bit.

sρooκs likes this.