Modding Help Hard Mode for Content Packer?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by .Lavender., Mar 25, 2018.

1. .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

I really love the hard mode mods such as this one or this one.
    But unfortunately, ObjectInformation is incompatible with JsonAssets.

I've looked into adapting this for CP however I get a weird glitch where I cannot select or interact with some items (usually resources or farm items, like seeds or wood and stone). It also tends to crash.

My CP file only touches the items changed, which does not include seeds or resources so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Any help or assistance into converting these great mods would be appreciated.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

It'd help to see your exact CP data. But, I took a look at the mods you want to convert, and they're pretty old.

When you converted them, did you make sure to also update the data to the new format? For example; the extra data field for DisplayNames in the ObjectInformation file. If you're missing that; you get inventory item selection errors like you describe.

• .Lavender.

Yeah that... would help. I forgot, hehe.
        And no I did not. I just found a version of a hardcore mod by another user that was update for 1.2. I'm going to use their ObjectInformation as reference.
        And speaking of, here is my Content file. I basically just took ObjectInformation, but I used the old one so that's probably one reason why there are issues.

{
        "Action": "EditData",
        "Target": "Data/ObjectInformation",
        "Entries": {
        16: "Wild Horseradish/50/5/Basic -81/A spicy root found in the spring.",
        18: "Daffodil/30/0/Basic -81/A traditional spring flower that makes a nice gift.",
        20: "Leek/60/16/Basic -81/A tasty relative of the onion.",
        22: "Dandelion/40/10/Basic -81/Not the prettiest flower, but the leaves make a good salad.",
        24: "Parsnip/35/10/Basic -75/A spring tuber closely related to the carrot. It has an earthy taste and is full of nutrients.",
        30: "Lumber/2/10/Basic/A versatile resource used for building and fuel.",
        60: "Emerald/250/-300/Minerals -2/A precious stone with a brilliant green color.",
        62: "Aquamarine/180/-300/Minerals -2/A shimmery blue-green gem .",
        64: "Ruby/250/-300/Minerals -2/A precious stone that is sought after for its rich color and beautiful luster.",
        66: "Amethyst/100/-300/Minerals -2/A purple variant of quartz.",
        68: "Topaz/80/-300/Minerals -2/Fairly common but still prized for its beauty.",
        70: "Jade/200/-300/Minerals -2/A pale green ornamental stone.",
        72: "Diamond/750/-300/Minerals -2/A rare and valuable gem.",
        74: "Prismatic Shard/2000/-300/Minerals -2/A very rare and powerful substance with unknown origins.",
        78: "Cave Carrot/25/12/Basic -81/A starchy snack found in caves. It helps miners work longer.",
        80: "Quartz/25/-300/Minerals -2/A clear crystal commonly found in caves and mines.",
        82: "Fire Quartz/100/-300/Minerals -2/A glowing red crystal commonly found near hot lava.",
        84: "Frozen Tear/75/-300/Minerals -2/A crystal fabled to be the frozen tears of a yeti.",
        86: "Earth Crystal/50/-300/Minerals -2/A resinous substance found near the surface.",
        88: "Coconut/100/-300/Basic -79/A seed of the coconut palm. It has many culinary uses.",
        90: "Cactus Fruit/75/30/Basic -79/The sweet fruit of the prickly pear cactus.",
        92: "Sap/2/-1/Basic -81/A fluid obtained from trees.",
        93: "Torch/5/-300/Crafting/Provides a modest amount of light.",
        128: "Pufferfish/200/-40/Fish -4/Inflates when threatened./Day^Summer",
        129: "Anchovy/30/5/Fish -4/A small silver fish found in the ocean./Day Night^Spring Fall",
        ect, etc....

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Yea, that's the reason it's giving you issues relating to item selection.
          And, make sure you compare the other files as well; since the new Display Name field isn't limited to the ObjectInformation file. It's not in all of them, but definitely a few.

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you mind dropping a DL to what you have done so far? I can take a look at it. Or feel free to post it in the SDV Discord, Pathos has been a machine when it comes to helping us/putting out updates. This would be a good mod to help us stress test CP1.3.

• .Lavender.

Can do! I could head over there.
              I'll post my file for now.

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

What exactly are you trying to change? Most of the items are still their vanilla values.
                It also breaks CJB Item Spawner but that may not be your fault and requires more testing.

• .Lavender.

I admit, I probably should have just done the prices but... I was confused following the guide. I'm still new to CP.

I'm trying to change the sell prices of items to match that of the outdated hard mods I shared.
                  For example, change the selling price of Fire Quartz from 25G to 100G.

• paradigmnomad

Gotcha - are all the prices updated in the DL you posted?

• .Lavender.

The links at the top? Yes.
                      In the file I made, they should be too but... IDK. I just copy and pasted from the extracted XNB.

• paradigmnomad

I changed some stuff:
                        • Removed a majority of the items that are the same in vanilla
                        • Changed the format to 1.3
                        • Grabbed the extract yaml data from here.
                        This is only the objectinformation.xnb

Attached Files:

• .Lavender.

It works perfectly! Thank you so much!

• paradigmnomad

No problem! If you want me to test the rest of them feel free to share!