RELEASED Happy Animals 1.0

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by StarPeanut, Nov 5, 2016.

1. nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Anytime before night.

• The Great Dr McJenkins

The Great Dr McJenkins Aquatic Astronaut

Do you know anyway to keep the steam overlay? I haven't been able to access it for Stardew Valley since downloading the mod.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

This happens anytime you run the game through SMAPI. I've had the same issue since I first started using SMAPI myself.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Not entirely correct. For some people, it won't load; for others, it will. I have to use the full file location in the launch options, as the shorthand ( StardewModdingAPI %command% ) does not work with keeping the steam overlay, but using the full file path does keep it.

As for @The Great Dr McJenkins , try right clicking on Stardew Valley in Steam, select Properties, under "General" select "Set Launch Options" and input
          Code:
          StardewModdingAPI %command%
          . If that does not work, try inputting the full filepath: ex.
          Code:
          "D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%
          (quotes included and obviously your actual filepath, this is just an example). If neither works then you're out of luck for now.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, thanks for the info! I'll have to try it too. I'm on a Mac, so gonna have to figure out how to get Steam to recognize my filepath if the first method doesn't work.

• shoxxx

shoxxx Space Hobo

Thank you for this, the animal system is way too complex considering money vs crops and this fixes it for me.

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

For those interested this has apparently been officially patched now (though currently just in the steam beta branch).

springacres likes this.
                • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Cool thank you

• lizaryker

lizaryker Void-Bound Voyager

Does this fix the issue of the animals becoming unhappy when you stay up late? Because that seems like a silly mechanic to me (if it's a mechanic and not a bug). Thanks for doing this! I was dreading raising animals and now I'm hopeful that it won't be a huge pain.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

are these bugs still present in startdew version 1.2? is this mod still needed? cause i play on version 1.2.30 and just spotted this mod the first time.

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I read that this bug has been fixed in the 1.2 update, so as far as I know you shouldn't need this mod anymore. :>

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

ah thats good. just some minutes ago my dino gave me a gold quality dino egg, so that also confirms it :)
                          thanks

• Grrrrrr

Grrrrrr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I updated my Stardew to 1.2.30 (and mods to latest SMAPI) and took out HappyAnimals. Then I played, and I got a Gold quality Large Milk and a Nostar Large Milk instead of the usual Iridium Large milks. Also instead of Large Iridium Eggs, my chickens gave me a small egg and a large egg (I remembered the small because I haven't gotten those in a while).
                            Because of this, I'm guessing that the new happiness system is still different from HappyAnimals, but I don't know how happiness is calculated anymore. Are my 5-heart animals suddenly unhappy with me now? I don't know. I'll give the game a season to see if it needs to build up happiness on its own for a while.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

Friendship and Happyness of animals are different. If the mood is not perfect, its possible for animals to produce small eggs / small milk and stuff. Friemdhsip and happyness increase the chance of Iridium quality, but its never 100%.
                              If you go to bed past 6 pm, then every 10 min happyness of animals will decrease. i dont like that new mechanics.. why should my animals become less happy if i got to bed late in the game..
                              and thats why you probably now get small eggs and non-iridium product form your animals.

Grrrrrr likes this.
                              • Grrrrrr

Grrrrrr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since I prefer HappyAnimal's system, I put the mod back in tentatively... and it still works for 1.2! It doesn't break the game, and it gives me back (what seems to me) more sensible happiness.

Charza and HopeWasHere like this.
                                • Charza

Charza Space Hobo

• Verne

Verne Astral Cartographer

@StarPeanut This mod is no longer compatible with SMAPI :( Will you be updating it for SMAPI 2.0?

shiaphei likes this.