Modding Help Halo Mod Suggestion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dragonclaw, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Hey forums, I know there is already a Halo mod out there, but I'm pretty sure no one is going to update it. I have no idea how to code and really like Halo, so I was wondering if someone could make a new, updated mod for Halo. Preferably Halo 5. Also, I don't want all the specific details, just some of the iconic Halo stuff such as the MJOLNIR armor an the assault rifle. I have also never made a mod suggestion before, so tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Anyone? Should I delete this thread?

3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

updating a mod isn't that simple, as for the modding official starbound modding rules, you first need the OK of the original mod author if some one is going to update an outdated mod where the original creator hasn't left a zombie licence or set the sharing setting to anyone can modify and republish the thing without the author's consent. you'll normally find these at the bottom of the mod page. But if you want to try your hands at modding the game, it's actually pretty easy. instead of code and logic, starbound actually uses something called JSON(short for JavaScript Object Notation). It's pretty easy to learn if you can do a bit of pattern recognition. one of the forum's user even wrote an ebook on how to mod the game, http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/unofficial-modding-ebook.2930/
    so ya, if you can manage to get the old author's consent you could easily try to get it up to date, but there will still be a challenge since instead of actually having a base for most files if the mod was created before the giraffe updates, this is going to take a bit more work since you have to make out what was changed and what it became.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Pantherine already contacted the mod authors of the Order of Matter Manipulators to update his mod. Of them, only I have shown progress in doing so and I've hit a brick wall with activeitem guns that I do not wish to tackle alone. I'm also pretty lacking in motivation as well, and currently slowly porting my developed Stable mods to Nightly.

If OP wants to contribute, he'll have to join our little... defunct... group.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  5. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank