RELEASED Haley/Penny/Leah Expanded Dialogue 1.21

170+ new dialogue strings.

1. KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

Expanded Dialogue
    Add more depth to the wonderful characters in Stardew Valley!

After 200+ hours of game play I started to get pretty disenchanted with the basic dialogue of the townsfolk. I decided to start expanding upon characters within the game, adding life where necessary, while staying true to their personalities. So far I've added 170+ dialogue strings for the characters I've edited, along with rework of the preexisting dialogue for some.

Download here.

Done So Far:
    • Leah (unmarried) 60+ new dialogue strings for all seasons and heart levels
    • Penny (unmarried) 60+ new dialogue strings for all seasons and heart levels
    • Haley (unmarried) 50+ new dialogue strings for all seasons and heart levels, plus reworking the majority of her preexisting dialogue so that she has true character development

In Progress:
    • Marriage dialogue for the completed characters
    • Elliot
    • Emily

I know it's pretty sparse right now, but I'd like to continue adding to more of the characters. Please let me know what you think, and report any issues/typos here. Feedback is greatly appreciated! If anyone is interested in translating this into other languages please contact me.

How To:

1. Backup your current Stardew Valley files!!!
    2. Download the dialogue file you want
    3. Unzip file
    4. Place in Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Dialogue
    5. Select "YES" to replace existing file
    6. Launch game and enjoy!

1.21 Hotfix to correct some typos and a misplaced code tag in Haley's dialogue.
    1.2: Total rework of Haley's preexisting dialogue, and 50+ new strings.
    1.1: Reformatted Leah's file for easier future editing and added a couple more dialogue strings for her. Added Penny's edited dialogue.
    1.0 Added expanded Leah dialogue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. I'm using DC Burger's High Def portraits and the Portraiture SMAPI mod in the sample images.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    • KThxBye910

Medicell likes this.
    • KThxBye910

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

KThxBye910 likes this.
    • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I've got a typo for you!

During one of Haley's conversations, she says that Penny introduced her to a new book. She then says:
      "Last" should be "lost"!

Ironically we were at the beach having this conversation. :)

KThxBye910 likes this.
      • KThxBye910

Thanks for the heads up! I corrected it, and edited what she says to make it past tense just in case she says it while at the beach. I also fixed a coding error I found in one of her lines where I inserted an expression without a line break. I'll upload it now!

Edit: It's up and ready. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2017
          Xuomi likes this.
        • Razor47

Razor47 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi this is a good mode. But I have a question. I am married with penny, and I didn't notice any modification. I don't know if my question sound's stupid but I have read that you will make after marriage dialogues. Is this true? Or I have been wrong?

• KThxBye910

The marriage dialogues are a separate file, which I haven't started working on yet. I will modify the marriage dialogue in the future.

• Razor47

Razor47 Void-Bound Voyager

If you will give expanded dialogues with marriaged characters then I will be so excited :) (by the way sorry for my bad English)

Last edited: May 6, 2017
              • tearful0eye

tearful0eye Void-Bound Voyager

yay, i'm definitely downloading this! i desperately needed more dialogue in the game.
                i hope you'll continue with the mod :)

• iamclothier

iamclothier Void-Bound Voyager

All i could say is. . . Thank you for these. I needed more dialogue with Leah. I liked her a lot and talking to her for minutes even after the allowed conversation elapsed is a bit weird. Asking her about what else she likes to do. What does she want to eat. What she maybe wants to have as a present. Maybe a few things about her parents or relatives.

Again, thank you for this.

• Flyteofheart

Flyteofheart Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so so so much. Penny's dialogue has been so much better with this mod. Its invaluable to me. I seriously cant play SDV without these kind of dialogue mods now.

• Shadowned7

Shadowned7 Space Hobo

Thanks for this. Question. can we have an update on any progress you may have made?

• Neppi

Neppi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you still working on it? I really like the mod so far :D

• M0nkey91101

M0nkey91101 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, thanks for this mod and I hope you continue working on it

• newgirlde

newgirlde Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance you'll try your hand at some of the bachelors? :) I really like what you've done with Haley, Penny, and Leah!

• flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

Medicell, Yickel and KThxBye910 like this.
                            • Kwiewy

Kwiewy Void-Bound Voyager

Is this still any sort of useable, or updated? I doubt it since it's quite old in game ages, but I figured I'd ask.