Modding Help Hair Layer Interchangeable w/ Farmer Base & Shirt?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ♥ Princess Sakura ♥, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ♥ Princess Sakura ♥

♥ Princess Sakura ♥ Void-Bound Voyager

I made a long hairstyle, which for the most part looks fine.
    Hair Layer Problem 1.png
    However, walking while facing south...
    Hair Layer Problem 2.png
    Those gaps can't be filled properly unless the hair could be layered behind the shirt and female farmer base when facing south, but also layered on top of those when facing north, otherwise the back of the hair wouldn't display right. I had an older version of this hairstyle that only flowed 'around' my avatar, but I don't like it as much as this one when standing still. I'm not sure how I'd go about coding the layers to do what I want, or if it can even be done.

• Umaru

Umaru Poptop Tamer

I want this outfit..........

• zappaslave

zappaslave Void-Bound Voyager

I wish I could help... I'm all for absurdly long hairstyles. The layers don't already default to 'hair on bottom when facing south' and 'hair on top when facing north' though?

• ♥ Princess Sakura ♥

♥ Princess Sakura ♥ Void-Bound Voyager

The hair layer is second from the top no matter what direction the player is facing, so I have to be careful the south-facing hair sprite fits exactly around the body - thus moving shows the gaps since I made it to fit while standing still and don't have a way so make it fit around the body correctly for every other frame of movement in the base~ >.< The only thing layered on top of the hair is the arms, which I also dislike~... It only really makes sense from the side~

• zappaslave

zappaslave Void-Bound Voyager

The arms make sense, that way they appear when you're carrying something overhead. Though I guess, if you want to rationalize the hair not showing during the walking sprite, when walking, your hair moves so it parts around the leg and... yeah. It's a shame that there's not a way to easily fix that. I can only think, maybe, some sort of sprite editing on the farmer themselves that's exactly FOR modding long hair?