1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

G.Xyon updated Gyrusens! with a new update entry:

Quick patch!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Kawa likes this.
  2. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Fffffffffffff

Kawa likes this.
  3. hematophagous

hematophagous Void-Bound Voyager

I really like this mod so far!

However, upon trying to upgrade my ship (from purchasing the Sparrow ship upgrade from the Penguin Bay guy), the option to do so doesn't appear in the ship AI commands.

Instead, a tech upgrade shows up.

[​IMG]

Is this a bug or am I missing something? I can't seem to upgrade my ship to the larger size and this has happened on two (all) of my Gyrusen characters.

Edit: Was told by a friend who has a character from another species who's ship was working properly, that the upgrade that pops up for the ship is called something like "Sparrow Upgrade". Maybe the tech library upgrade and the ship upgrades got swapped on accident somehow?

Edit #2:

I tried spawning ship upgrades as an admin, but using those only made moon/asteroid rock spawn around my ship.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  4. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Oh sorry! Unfortunately larger sizes aren't implemented yet because me and my partner are currently planning to redesign the ship sometime soon, so the thing has only Tier 4 availability; but there is a hatch on top so you can go outside of the ship and muck around in your gravi-bubble and do what you like. This is why the given upgrade option upgrades your tech library only instead of both it and the ship.

Sorry for the inconvenience! We'll try to push some good updates sometime soon! <3

Kawa likes this.
  5. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, thanks for this nice mod! :)
    For information, I spotted this in the log:
    Warn: Object gyrusenspawnerwizard: Wire object type has been deprecated

6. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Oh, haha, thanks! Not really a big of a deal thankfully, but I'll fix it whenever I get around to updating it.

Glad you're enjoying the mod!

Kawa likes this.
  7. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Oh jeez, it's been a while since I've posted anything, huh?

I apologize to all of my supporters out there in Starbound for my lack of updates, but don't worry, I'm not dead! I'm still having issues with getting enough motivation to finish the Village due to real life sucking the fun out of everything; however in these past few weeks I've been doing bits and pieces of it and I can say that it's coming along nicely. Right now all that I'm missing is just to organize the decorations in their proper spots and add the NPCs, and hopefully after some more testing and perhaps after some more additions I can finally move onto something much more fun to work on, like redesigning the ship and fixing up most of the sprites/respawning animation.

Again, I'm sorry all! I haven't abandoned this little mod and I don't plan to any time soon; just bare with me a little bit longer and hopefully updates will become more regular.

As always, ideas and criticisms are always welcome! Have a good one.

Kawa, Nakelo and Snowpup like this.
  8. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Bug awareness with the new updates

Kawa likes this.
  9. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

ATTENTION: Next update scheduled for Feb. 29th of the next leap year!

Kawa likes this.
  10. AndreasDragon

AndreasDragon Phantasmal Quasar

In one of the next few updates can you make it where the Gyrusens ship expand instead of just the tech? The new starbound update had messed up the home planet, and it is sometimes hard to remember to add a name to the planet you bookmark.

11. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

It's on the bucket list actually! It'll be one of the finishing updates for the completed first version of the mod.
    [​IMG]

After all that then I'll start working on other, more interesting stuff.

Kawa likes this.
  12. AndreasDragon

AndreasDragon Phantasmal Quasar

Okay me and my friend like your species just hard too keep stuff when you have so little space :rofl:

13. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Supra Updaet Broos: Village Edition!

Kawa likes this.
  14. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

I found one of those villages, so it's working as intended. It's huge enough to call it a town.

G.Xyon likes this.
  15. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

I find it rather funny that if the village spawns on a small planet, the good majority of it will just basically be the village. :rofl:

Glad to see it's working too! Would you say it's well-worth the find?

Kawa likes this.
  16. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, yeah, it was amazing to discover wonders after wonders of the Gyrusens wold. You way consider tweaking the treasure pool as it's a bit generous actually. And there are a lot of containers.

17. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

NEVER ENOUGH CONTAINERS

And will do, I saw that firsthand earlier ago! I'll edit as well some other empty containers to have stuff in them as well and lower the generosity a bunch to balance it out a bit. Thanks alot for the feedback too! :D

Kawa likes this.
  18. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Kawa likes this.
  19. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Ahoy fellow Starbounders!

I need some feedback on your Microdungeon findings, these include various lone gyrusen houses, two variations of small shrines, an abandoned structure and a weird-lookin portal device. Have you all been able to find any of the above? And if so, with what frequency?

Currently I've been tweaking with the settings to verify that the structures are indeed spawning properly, and at a proper frequency.

Thanks again, and have a good one!

Kawa likes this.
  20. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

I've only found half-buried ruins so far. Now that portal device looks interesting, I'll start adventuring again to find it. :)