1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Kawa and Feathery Dust like this.
  2. capizma

capizma Cosmic Narwhal

3. tobychew

tobychew Subatomic Cosmonaut

Don't know how hard it is to mod but I have an idea for a mod where you can find halloween costumes like funny,scary,and weird ones. In addition to that the different races could hand out candy. If it would take to long don't do it I just think it would be cool to see a mod like this

4. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

G.Xyon updated Gyrusens! with a new update entry:

Yar!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Kawa likes this.
  5. Timmothythederpygamer

Timmothythederpygamer Void-Bound Voyager

so, now that your back, whats your guess as to when your mod is up with Upbeat Giraffe? cos Gyrusens is a great race mod, and for me, its equal to the Avali race mod, and that too has yet to update.

6. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Well, the conversions and migrations could and most probably be done in a night or so! The issue is that with a new semester at Uni, I might get busy and distracted with a few other things...

But worry not! I'm slowly makin' some free time Soonishâ„¢ so I can finish up what's left to do!

Thanks a whole lot for your support, it means alot!

Kawa likes this.
  7. Cylek

Cylek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*sigh, another custom race, another crash. Somewhere in your code, an Int desperately wants to be a string, but can't because the conversion was improper.
    Error Log:

[06:40:34.670] Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (StoredFunctionException) Error parsing StoredConfigFunction descriptor
    StarException::StarException(string, exception)
    StarException::StarException(char*, exception)
    FunctionDatabase::parametricTableFromConfig(Variant)
    FunctionDatabase::FunctionDatabase()
    Root::load(bool)
    Root::finishLoad()
    _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Caused by: (VariantException) (VariantException) Improper conversion to int from string in get(0)
    VariantException::VariantException(string)
    Variant::getInt(unsigned int)
    FunctionDatabase::parametricTableFromConfig(Variant)
    FunctionDatabase::FunctionDatabase()
    Root::load(bool)
    Root::finishLoad()
    _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk

[06:40:38.308] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [06:40:38.386] Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    [06:40:38.744] Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (StoredFunctionException) Error parsing StoredConfigFunction descriptor
    Caused by: (VariantException) (VariantException) Improper conversion to int from string in get(0)
    ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main
    [\spoiler]

8. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

The conversion isn't proper because the conversion isn't done yet. As I've mentioned in my last post, I've been fairly busy and haven't had the time to finish up and update; the mod is still stuck at Enraged Koala.

Please bare with me for a while longer until I update it.

Kawa likes this.
  9. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Since some of you have shown interest in seeing this mod being updated, I'll let you guys know what I've been up to!

Last night I had some free time and decided to start(finish?) with the migration process and seeing what new things they've done since the last time I played nightly. Given that only a few things were included since the nightly conversion (Drills, new projectiles, some furnishings), it didn't seem to be a big of an issue until later checked that quite a few things have changed; placement of certain files, categories changed, revamp of the status system, and so on forth. This both places a small challenge and a slight hindrance into what I thought was going to be done with the migration.

So far a few things have been... modified to make the mod crash less for now:

+ Dungeon and Microdungeon have been implemented smoothly, however some are a bit biome-specific.
    + The ship's AI has been modified to work, but this requires actual testing. The ship will remain the same as in the Koala versions.

+/- Armors will need to be rebalanced (again) to fit certain roles better, now that certain materials are easier/faster to obtain (so to speak). Otherwise, they still work just as the Koala versions.
    +/- If I recall correctly, the projectile caused by the GSF Drills will cause the blocks and its contents to be deleted, so I'll need to fix that. Otherwise, it still functions as a high-risk/high-reward mining tool.
    +/- There might still be some bugs remaining in the ship upgrading system, these I'll have to iron out. These can be circumvented, however.

- The GSF Databank item and it's craftable items have been removed altogether due to .celestial class being obsolete. I'll attempt to make a new system.
    - More than half of the equippables need to be cleaned due to old status effects being obsolete (mainly swords, axes, and armors), and so there are not able to be spawned in the game.

[​IMG]

This is what I'll attempt to tackle today later on. Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Kawa likes this.
  10. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

FINALLY JEEZ

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Kawa likes this.
  11. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Rebalances & Updates !

Kawa likes this.
  12. Mikablu

Mikablu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't make a crafting table, so the quests won't update. :/

13. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Oh dear, thanks for telling me! Will check right now. You mean the gyrusen one, right? The one that's crafted at the metalwork station?

Edit: I just checked it, and it seems to be working just fine. You craft the SynthTable in the Metalwork Station, and the Synth Anvil in the Synth Table. The Synth Anvil allows you to craft the Steel Armor you need to progress.

Do tell me if you're still having issues, and if you can provide logs/images whenever possible!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Kawa likes this.
  14. Mikablu

Mikablu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, I mean the basic wooden crafting table. it's not showing up in the crafting list.

Edit: Nevermind. Another mod was interfering with it.

15. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Glad to hear it's working! Enjoy your adventures! ;)

Kawa likes this.
  16. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Alot of cleanup!

Kawa likes this.
  17. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Small patches

Kawa likes this.
  18. Gamehorse

Gamehorse Big Damn Hero

I've been beaten, I have no idea how to craft the last 2 teirs of armor, clearly not from the last three tables. Who someone mind telling me what to do?

19. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Once you craft either the Tier 3 Sword or spear (if I recall correctly), you unlock a special crafting table called "Gyrusenic Altar". The table allows you to craft the next sets of armors and melee weapons (excluding the scythe) within its own progression. See here for how it develops: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/gyrusens.1997/update&update=11966

Edit: Are you a gunslinger/scythebearer by any chance? Or did you not know about it/saw the unlock? I could use some feedback as I've been thinking about tweaking that a little bit!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Kawa likes this.
  20. Cheezemaniac

Cheezemaniac Pangalactic Porcupine

Scumbag Chucklefish, breaking mods for no reason.
    Anyway, the last update seems to have broken this race, which is a shame considering my brother is playing a gyrusen in our playthrough. I hope you'll have a fix soon.
    Still worth 5/5, great mod.