1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Guys, chill out.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haku

Haku Subatomic Cosmonaut

Guess I'll continue to report users who are blatantly out to make others miserable or out to make others feel unwanted hahah. Avoid escalating the situation he or she has made. Sounds about right to me.

Don't make a point, be the point.

fallingorbit likes this.
  2. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

This is actually the current MO. But we're not everywhere, we have to rely on you (in the plural) to report rude posts.

3. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

It's a shame a thread had to be made reminding people of this in the first place. :/

Kurogal, Axe Garian and Latiz like this.
  4. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Mabye if this persists we will end up having the whole facepunch thing, where you have to be invited by another member in order to be able to join/possibly view the forums.

5. Donseluke

Donseluke Phantasmal Quasar

I could have sworn that in facepunch you had to own a valve game in order to register. I was never invited to those forums, i just registered and such, maybe that was before that mechanic was introduced, needless to say i don't have any desire to be apart of that community though.

6. Knivez5

Knivez5 Aquatic Astronaut

I bet its those wild florans. Damn them.

Alxetora and GravityFlux like this.
  7. Kail4012

Kail4012 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I treat you with respect if you'd ask me a question I'd only ask for a tiny bit of that back. I can see there point though. I absolutely loathed the Terraria community it put me off playing servers for a long time. I still got the game since there was a single player and it was 1.99 which is pretty cheap. As for Starbound I pre-ordered it because I'm generally excited and have the pounds to spend. If I was new to the game and had a bad experience it would certainly sway my opinion.

Yes I'm a newbie (to the forums), but that doesn't make me any less of a human being (Despite what my avatar suggests.)
    Some people may read the FAQ some may not. Don't be rude just show them how tolerant and well mannered the community is. Yes, it's really easy to be a complete an utter [Censor] but to be a good sport is much better.

Another thing that gets my gears grinding (Not intentional) is when the community is full of miserable wingers. C'mon have some spirit, you'll live longer.
    If I see another member though don't expect me to sit in silence. I have a thing where I have to just lecture anybody who thinks they have a right to be an egotistical [Censor].

So no don't think you have more of a right to this forum than anybody else just because you sat at your desk browsing the internetz longer. You won't get a trophy for it. Whilst you may think you're doing good to the game by calling out any newbie who joins you will be frightfully mistaken when a group of people just can't stand it and leave. Fan-bases in general suffer this wrath, intentions were "good" but it becomes tormenting. Just look at Camelot Unchained. Two words loathed by a large amount of article writers after fans went out of hand.

Business lessons have also taught me, bad customer experiences is going to get around more than good customer experiences which is why some companies are so quick to refund you since it hurts.

There is another thing with experiences, the irony of telling people to go to google and not answer your questions is that you get so many results on google of people telling you to use google that you can't even find that answer your looking for. Google-ception. (I've never used Google so much in one sentence.)

- My Two Pence on this thing
    from a open-ish minded perspective.

Aeon, Spirittis, Haku and 2 others like this.
  8. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Well this topic has about run its course, so Imma close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.