1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Guns N Ammo mod resource 1.0

Provides basic ammo functionality

1. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

GTG3000 submitted a new mod:

Guns N Ammo mod resource - Provides basic ammo functionality

Read more about this mod...

2. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Having issues where no gun will accept any ammo, not even the example weapons, read the readme file and followed the instructions, but the only thing thing that works (in the aspect of reloading) is the energy reload, but can't use craftable "physical" ammo. Any help? Anything that might be left out? There is no error in the log, yet trying to place ammo in weapons doesn't work.

3. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

@MetaFace What exactly did you do? If you copied it to work with the copy, does simply installing this mod and spawning the guns work? Can you zip up your mod and share it so I can take a look?

4. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

@GTG3000 Spawning guns works, they shoot if ammo is in the gun, I just followed the readme and wrote what it told me to write, but ammo didn't load into my or even your guns. Yes I can get the mod packed, but right now I don't have access to the computer I am doing my work on.

*Edit:
    Here, I forgot to grab the USB with my mod yesterday as I left home. So here you go, don't mind the cluttered trash that sits around.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  5. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Any idea, I've been busy lately, but I'd like to come back to this soon.

6. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

Okay, you changed the .lua files to override the default ones which isn't a good idea. And you didn't change what .lua the gun was trying to use.

Also, this bit:

"reloadParam" : [50, 60, 1.5],

makes it use energy for reloading as opposed to ammo.

I recommend you forgo the renaming and just include my mod as a requirement. It works fine that way.

Nice minigun, btw.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  7. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I don't remember changing any lua, and as for the reload param, I was doing that because ammo wasn't reloading. So reinstall your mod because something is wrong? And thanks, the minigun is for a friend.

8. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

Yeah, it kinda needs the gunfireammo.lua, weaponammo.lua, gunammo.lua and etc.

9. Sonsalt

Sonsalt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is so awesome, I was always looking for something like that. Like a dream come true.

Having projectile weapons using ammo is a perfect idea. You should create a frackin Universe compatible version too.

On a side note, another idea would be to have all weapons deteriorate on use, just like axes, something I could not figure out how to do on my own.

10. tio200

tio200 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, GTG3000! I was wondering if I may use this mod for my mod's contents. I tested it on 1.3 and it worked quite fine. I would be glad if you gave me a permission. The mod's about adding craft recipes using trade goods. The link's below.

Good Trade Goods

11. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

Sure, go ahead. It's supposed to be a mod resource so don't be a stranger.

12. CacklePhish

CacklePhish Void-Bound Voyager

So, this resource doesn't add ammo-using guns into random generation in the game?

13. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

Nope.

14. ComradePierre

ComradePierre Void-Bound Voyager

Hey man, just a question... How do i go about it if i wanted to edit all vanilla guns to have this feature? With so many guns, i thinj it is rather hsrd to go thru each one by one