1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue gun2.tooltip

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Uragiri, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Uragiri

Uragiri Space Hobo

Hi
    So, long story short I installed some mods, because I wanted to play with a certain someone on the internet, because literally everyone plays with mods but then it happened so some objects in my saved games wouldn't work as they did before. Then I made a backup file of my storage folder, uninstalled the game, as well as the mods I'd subscribed to, installed the game again, replaced the newly - created folder with the backed up one and restarted steam.
    After all that hassle everything seemed to work just fine until an error message popped up on my screen and kicked me from the game. The first time it happened I was on my ship and tried to learn a blueprint for my mech. Then it kept kicking me out upon hovering over one of the guns in my backpack and this was the message I'd get -> "ERROR: Exeption caught in client main-loop (AssetExeption) Error loading asset/interface/tooltips/gun2.tooltip". Tried verifying game files, but to no avail.

I also noticed the guy at the outpost who's supposed to sell a counterfeit ship licence no longer has it. I don't know if that is due to the mods I installed earlier but I really hope my game hasn't gone to poop due to my ignorance.
    Can you please tell me how to revert my game back to normal without having to delete all my saves? Cuz if it kicks me out every time I try to read a blueprint or interact with a gun or god knows what else, that would s*ck a lot...
    In hindsight I should have known mods would corrupt my files...

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Mods only corrupt your save if you remove them during gameplay. It is not adviced removing mods during an active gameplay. You should get rid of this error by re-downloading the mods you had before.

3. Uragiri

Uragiri Space Hobo

I thought that would be the case, still I wanted to get rid of those mods because for example my base is on a tier 6 scorching hot planet and my cooling epp doesn't work whenever I go there. Even its very description was altered... Honestly I'm at the point where I'm willing to open an editor and remove each mod impurity even though I've no coding skills whatsoever, because I really enjoyed my base.

4. Iris Blanche

When you have a modded save and you want to play without mods you have to start over in 99% of all cases. That's how it goes. You can edit the playerfile tho but i dont recommend it if you don't know what you're doing.
    Anything related to the worlds or the shipworld however cant be edited.

So yea either re-downloading all the mods that were previously in the game or starting over are pretty much the only 2 options you have.

5. Uragiri

Uragiri Space Hobo

I have one last question. Theoretically if I made a new character(non modded game) and went to the base of my previous one, would I still be getting errors?
    I'd much rather cheat my way through the game and spawn those few items I had on me than not being able to return to my base and losing all the vanity objects I'd accumulated during 200 plus hours gametime. If i do that I'll surely lose my progress but with the armour and weapons in my base I'll be able to zoom thorough all main missions no problem.

6. Iris Blanche

The old base will still have the mod's content in the data so i would not advice to go there.

7. Uragiri

Uragiri Space Hobo

Thanks for the all the helpful info :) I should have gone here before attempting anything on my own.