1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Gun Assembly 1.2.1

Break guns into parts, assemble parts into guns! Gun customization.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Are you absolutely certain that your Items tab (as opposed to your Blocks and Objects tabs) is not full?

2. sparkocm

sparkocm Void-Bound Voyager

I've seen a lot of users reporting that when you disassemble a gun it breaks into two (stock and gun middle) invisible parts and a red gun barrel. I take it this is a known issue and the mod author is aware and working on it. I would feel reassured if the author could post us some info; although it must be that the person is busy I just want to use the mod, I have already lost about 3 guns since I was trying things out.

3. rabzoue59

rabzoue59 Void-Bound Voyager

I've unpacked the .modpak, in my mind the problem is inside the gunassembler.lua, which is very short.
    I'm trying to look where is the mistake, but i'm a total beginner in LUA script... If someone want the file just tell me (but i don't know if I can share a file from author without is permission ?)

EDIT :
    So, i find a mistake (or not?) in this file:
    *gunassembly/items/guns/parts/assemblymiddle.gun
    *gunassembly/items/guns/parts/assemblybutt.gun

[​IMG]

And now we are able to see others parts :

[​IMG]

But You still can't interact with it, it displays nothing, and you're not able to assemble/reassemble any weapon..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  4. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

I get this issue too :(

5. Unibu

Unibu Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, this mod needs to be updated to work on Pleased Giraffe version...

6. rabzoue59

function disassemble(gun)
    local parts = {}

local splitName = {}
    for namepiece in string.gmatch(gun.parameters.shortdescription, "%a+") do
    splitName[#splitName+1] = namepiece
    end

if gun.name == "generatedgun" then
    for name,stats in pairs(self.partStats) do

local gunDrawable = getPartImage(name, gun.parameters.drawables)

parts[name] = {
    name = "assembly"..name,
    count = 1,
    parameters = {
    disassembled = true,
    partType = name,
    rarity = gun.parameters.rarity,
    image = gunDrawable.image,
    inventoryIcon = gunDrawable.image,
    shortdescription = makeShortDescription(name, gun.parameters.weaponType),
    description = makeDescription(name, gun),
    weaponData = {}

}

if name == "middle" and splitName[1] then parts[name].parameters.weaponData.weaponName = splitName[1] end
    if name == "butt" and splitName[2] then parts[name].parameters.weaponData.weaponName = splitName[2] end
    if name == "barrel" and splitName[3] then parts[name].parameters.weaponData.weaponName = splitName[3] end

for _,stat in ipairs(stats) do
    if gun.parameters[stat] ~= nil then
    parts[name].parameters.weaponData[stat] = gun.parameters[stat]
    end
    end
    for _,stat in ipairs(self.globalStats) do
    if gun.parameters[stat] ~= nil then
    parts[name].parameters.weaponData[stat] = gun.parameters[stat]
    end
    end
    end
    end
    return parts
    end

I tried every functions telling about assembly, and without this one, the gun don't split in part. And with it, the gun split in 3 parts but, not functionnal (aka red barrel, middle, red stock)

7. armisius

armisius Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I don't know but, the mod diassembles the gun and then it gives me 2 invisible parts and a barrel part, is there something wrong? also im using extra mods

8. rabzoue59

That's we are talking about ... the last update breaks the mod

9. telemachosgreece1

telemachosgreece1 Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason all guns brake in to tow ghost frames and one red barrel I am using winrar and it sees this mod as a simple file Does that glitch happen only to people using winrar ? or only to some people ( I have seen people complaining about the same thing)
    Are you planing to fix this glitch ?

Thank you for your time your mod sounds like awesome idea and i can't wait to play it

10. TAImatem

TAImatem Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think that maybe the reason is that the developers changed names for most things, I've seen same thing with flowerseeds (check the thread for PBR starbound mod)
    ....assets unpacking takes so much time :(
    mods unpacking is alot faster
    Upacked assets of both SG and PG ad foud that they changed directories of generated guns, so now they are sorted by being biome-specific, dungeon-specific, other, or just standart, while earlier there were just big mess of all types of guns, so I guess this is why this stuff happened.
    also I found some smaller tweaks, like projectile changes and added cost, deleted legendary guns ( :( ), as far as I can see all standart-type uncomonn and rare weapons are now plasma weapons, and there is no stadart weapons with interesting behavior anymore, as far as I can see. all new ones actually exist in SG and have prefix "new"

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  11. adimetro11

adimetro11 Spaceman Spiff

Hey, Will you update this to Glad Giraffe?

12. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

does anybody know how to update this for glad giraffe?

13. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

^ you know if i was the author i wouldnt even consider updating the mod until starbound leave beta mostly because starbound might "balance" the weapons again

14. Mackinz

Healthire is a Starbound dev, so he knows how the game is balanced, or can ask around the office.

15. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

*facepalms* wellp i feel like a moron but honestly i cant wait for starbound to be considered done so that mods can start to flourish once again

16. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Even a more basic gun 'skin' switch would be nice. Something that allows us to drop 2 guns, one with a style we like and a second with the stat we desire. Just poking the embers.. :)

17. carson3003

carson3003 Phantasmal Quasar

An update for glad giraffe would be great. If anyone can make a fix for it that would also be great.

18. themsuciaman101

themsuciaman101 Void-Bound Voyager

How would one craft the gun assembly station?

19. Mackinz

Dies it matter? The mod is Outdated and its original function does not work.

20. themsuciaman101

themsuciaman101 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh... Dang... I didn't notice. I notice that you have been helping me alot. THANKS!