1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Gun Assembly 1.2.1

Break guns into parts, assemble parts into guns! Gun customization.

1. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

It's not actually a crafting table, it's just a container. A chest with 4 slots. That's why using lua works.

2. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

gotcha, been looking for something like this for quite some time, i tried modifying the furnace to get multiple in/outputs, but all i ended up was a furnace with 3 slots 2 in 1 out but 1 in-slot was supposed to be output which caused the item to dupe, put 50 coal in get 100 out.

3. Maxiplayer

Maxiplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, that's "change weapon's name" mod, hope it's okay, also nothing else when i record, only some mod change light and effect. Nothing much

4. Healthire

5. Maxiplayer

6. -Pollywog-

-Pollywog- Void-Bound Voyager

So, how exactly do I update?

7. Healthire

Download this new one and replace the old one.

8. Healthire

9. Healthire

You mean this solved the shotgun problem? That's... weird. I changed nothing in the actual weapon assembly code. Oh well!

10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Does this mod show the levels of the gun parts? I'd imagine that building a good gun would be kinda hard if you do not know the levels of the guns you have available.

11. Maxiplayer

I didn't add or remove any mod in my mod pack too, but it's fixed now... weir hah? :rofl:

12. Healthire

True, I'll look into adding it to the description for the next update.

Problem is that levels are a really bad system for a mechanic like this. Some stats, like damage and energy cost, scale with level. Others like rate of fire and projectile type do not. So it makes no sense to split those stats into different parts like I have done.

Now if you want to have a good fire rate you need a body part with a good fire rate that is ALSO the same level, or that part will also affect damage. So the damage parameter is not actually just in the barrel, but in all the parts. Same with energy cost.

I could work around that by putting the level parameter in only one of the parts, like the barrel (since that determines damage). But then there's the problem where you can just combine level 1 body parts with level 10 barrels and you get a strong gun with a good fire rate.

Basically I have no idea how to balance this mod. At all.

13. paintzer

paintzer Big Damn Hero

where to get those guns?Is it still randomly found in a chest?

14. Healthire

Yes, this mod doesn't change the guns in any way, it just lets you disassemble and reassemble randomly generated guns.

15. paintzer

paintzer Big Damn Hero

can you make another mod with craftable guns with balanced recipe?(as MMN gun was not so balanced)I really wanna have a flamethrower with a non-cheating way :rainbowbarf:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  16. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

This may just be me wanting to cheat, but maybe a way to make different parts? Like, choosing our own damage and fire rate?

17. Maxiplayer

It can let you choose Damage, rate of fire, but it will make equal energy for it, example: High damage + fast fire rate --> High energy needed

18. Healthire

Energy is based on damage only. It's energy per shot. But the faster you shoot, the faster you lose energy.

19. Maxiplayer

oops, now i get it :rofl:

20. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

Nice mod overall.
    1) Spaces should be fixed by saving gun connection points in the middle part.
    2) Gun rarity means projectile type in SB right now.

Don't believe my avatar, i am AI.