[GUIDE] Fair Grange Display - Best Items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neonova, Mar 17, 2016.

1. BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Carp are predictable and I have a carl sagen's worth of them. Trash gets recycled, it's more valuable than carp.

Btw everything is worth at least 1 point for normal quality, the first one even gets a bonus 5!

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

I won it with 106 points using a Gold* Rainbow Shell, Gold* Pumpkin, Gold* Melon, Gold* Hazelnut, Gold* Fairy Rose, Gold* Angler, A Diamond, An Iridium Bar and a Jar of Fairy Rose Honey.

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

hmm interesting, thanks for the explicit list.

My numbers assuming all were getting the 5 points for unique...
        Gold* Rainbow Shell, 5+3+5 = 13
        Gold* Pumpkin, 5+3+5 = 13
        Gold* Melon, 5+3 +4 = 12
        Gold*Hazelnut, 5+3+2 = 10
        Gold* Fairy Rose, 5+3+5 = 13
        Gold* Angler, 5+3+5 = 13
        A Diamond, 5+1+5 = 11
        An Iridium Bar, 5+1+5 = 11
        Jar of Fairy Rose Honey. 5+1+5= 11

Come to 121, which would strongly suggest that 3 of the 9 items were not considered unique. (121-15 =106)

Of the 3 in question (Witch hunt time!) the most obvious would be the fruit the vegetable and the flower all being considered the same category.. hmm

but then that means one got the unique bonus.... maybe diamond and bar as well

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
        • DragnHntr

DragnHntr Void-Bound Voyager

The rainbow shell is probably considered either Forage or a Fish. That or perhaps you just don't get a category bonus if it doesn't have a displayed category.

BoffoBoy likes this.
          • Morgalicious

Morgalicious Space Hobo

If you have Mayor Lewis' shorts and don't have everything to score first place and want to be a terrible person in the game, then display his shorts. You'll get disqualified and receive 750 tokens instead of the 500 you would get in second place. Just an option for any other greedy souls out there.

Charity322 likes this.
            • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

The mayor's shorts are by far the best thing to display in year one. The special dialogue is worth it by itself. :)

• Mohrdechaia

Mohrdechaia Void-Bound Voyager

You can actually use as many as 6 items from the same category. For the first year I usually keep either 6 gold pumpkins or melons, gives you an easy boost.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I kept them in a chest just for this purpose!! Looking forward to the fun. haha

Just out of curiosity, if it disqualifies you, does it matter what else you put in the display then? Say, 8 normal parsnips?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Doesn't matter. I did it with only the shorts on display.

• indrabar

indrabar Space Hobo

I hope this doesn't count as necromancy, only posting cause there was some discussion about whether unstarred items like the sweet gem berry counted. I had one (and several other unstarred items), so I thought I'd weigh in. I just did my first grange competition and entered: a gold* hops, gold* coral, gold* blackberry, and gold* hazelnut, a fairy rose, large egg, diamond, a sweet gem berry, and a plate of autumn bounty. Won 1st place with 96 points.

Attached Files:

• WolfyLuvsGaming

WolfyLuvsGaming Lucky Number 13

I know this is fairly late, (to be honest I have no idea how long this discussion has been up) but I got 1st with 108 rating using a Diamond, Gold-Star Pumpkin, Wine (Apple)
                        Silver-Star Fairy Rose, Ancient Fruit, an Iridium Bar, Pink Cake, Gold-Star Goat Cheese, and an Iridium-Star Egg.
                        Hope this helps...