Guide Collaboration

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Klutz, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Klutz

Klutz Master Chief

Can we get some community energy spent on creating a quick how-to/quick-start guide for beginners who may not be familiar with this game or it's cousin (Terraria)? I assume it would be beneficial to the community as a whole.

2. The game starts with a tutorial, plus the trailer explains it pretty well. Not sure if this is necessary...

Klutz likes this.
  3. Klutz

Klutz Master Chief

Well fantastic then! I was worried because back when Terraria and Minecraft first came out there were no tutorials or guides available by the devs. I haven't gotten a chance to launch Starbound yet, but this is good news. Thanks, Astro.

AstroBlast likes this.
  4. videogames

videogames Master Chief

i would still say a guide of some sort is still necessary even with a tutorial, there are some features that are unexplained such as certain building things.

5. Klutz

Klutz Master Chief

Well, please feel free to use this thread to post any findings you stumble upon. I'll be sure to post anything I feel is essential and not covered by the tutorial.

6. videogames

videogames Master Chief

if you look in the starbound codex, which is the book on the top right area of the hud, you can see some basic controls and hotkeys under the book called control yourself

Edit: if you press the arrow keys, your character will show different emotions depending on what key you press

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    Klutz likes this.