1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Grown-up Voices 1.0

Mature voice mod for races that sound like kids.

1. Ricowan

Ricowan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ricowan submitted a new mod:

Gown-up Voices - Mature voice mod for races that sound like kids.

Read more about this mod...

2. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Could you create a comparison video please?

3. Ricowan

I don't have a video capture application to do this, any suggestions?
    It's simple enough to download this mod, unpack it and play the .ogg files to hear the changes though. Not sure why a video would be necessary. :)

4. bluestorm2112

People like to sample the features of a mod before they take the time to download and install it. Whether the features are laid out in an informative list or the content is demonstrated in the form of audio or video.

This also prevents artificially inflated download numbers. People will not be required to download a mod they may decide not to use in order to sample it's features.

5. doonydsf

doonydsf Orbital Explorer

Thanks for this much-needed modification! I personally found your Human female sounds a little too deep so I removed them, but the male voices are great!

For those who are wondering, the sounds in this mod are the same as vanilla but with lowered tone.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  6. Ricowan

@bluestorm2112 I listed the voice files that were changed, what else can I do considering I don't have any way to make videos?

@doonydsf Thanks!! I don't play female characters so I haven't tested those out in-game. They sounded fine in the editor though. Do you have suggestions for how to improve the human female sounds?

I've been thinking about generating new sounds for Glitch too.

bluestorm2112 likes this.
  7. bluestorm2112

It's no problem, I still downloaded and I'm using it (good job by the way). I just think it would benefit you to have some sort of audio sample or a more in depth description.

Like maybe describe how they sound more mature and what you changed specifically. What doonydsf said is a good start, explaining that you have used the vanilla audio but lowered the tone.

8. Ricowan

I added a short video. Hope it helps! :)

sentaiotaku and bluestorm2112 like this.