Growing hops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nepthar, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Nepthar

Nepthar Space Hobo

Okay, say I had a sprinkler setup so all my crops were being watered without me touching them, so I plant my hops in the summer, in the fall they become this little shriveled shrubs, if I wait till next summer will they grow again or do I need to replant them, anyone who knows the answer I would love to know, I really don't want to have all that space just used up by useless dead crops, Thanks

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Most crops die at the end of a season. You should replace them with something that grows in the current season. There's no point to leaving dead crops in your fields. (You can also use the scythe to quickly remove dead crops)

• meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

They will not grow again.

• kaneroo

kaneroo Subatomic Cosmonaut

You have to clean them up, the only crop that will continue to grow is corn but only through summer & autumn.

• Nepthar

Nepthar Space Hobo

Thank you for the information I'm really glad to know, looks like ill be growing hops in the greenhouse instead

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Not to be picky, but ancient seeds grow from spring through fall. But Nepthar, don't worry about finding those just now. ;) They're expensive, can be difficult to acquire (depending in part on luck), and only really matter once you've crafted (or received) a Seed Maker.

It's a pretty deep game. You might want to focus the first season or two on cheap crops that continue to repeat throughout a season, such as peppers. Just my suggestion, mind.

• Sutremaine

Sutremaine Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wheat also grows in two seasons (summer and autumn), but it's a non-repeating crop that grows very quickly.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Truth be told...I recently took to planting wheat just before summer ends if only for the sake of it makes it really easy to clear the fields and replant other things the first day of fall day versus various plots where it was empty so now has a rock/stick/bush in it or I have to re-hoe/water/etc. Now in Fall I can just sweep over the fields of wheat and get to fertilizing/planting right away. It helps that wheat is so cheap to plant. :rofl: