Greenhouse Sprinkler Help

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DemainaNyx, Oct 11, 2019.

1. DemainaNyx

DemainaNyx Big Damn Hero

I don't really know how to classify this. I'd be willing to code this myself but I have no experience with this so I figured I'd see it anyone knows of a mod that does this before I go learn what I need to do to do this. Basically, I have Erossavia's Greenhouse Mod and wanted to set up sprinklers. However, instead of crafting sprinklers, I was thinking about adding something so that you could either buy an item or craft an item or buy an upgrade that would water the entire greenhouse.

My thought is something kinda how the Tractor Mod is, where it's really expensive but helps with large tasks so it's more a late game items/upgrade.

Ideally, it would be cool if it worked in other greenhouses as well so you just place something inside and it handles the rest but I that isn't important right now.

My first thought was there could be an opening behind the door area in that wall where you place 4 iridium sprinklers, and those sprinklers would have increased range that would water the whole thing. No clue how complex that would be to code though, and it still seems to easy game wise since 20 iridium ore could water some 300 plants.

I think purchasing something from Robin would be best, kinda like upgrading your house but it upgrades your greenhouse, but again, no clue how complex that would be to program for one greenhouse let alone make it something that works regardless of what greenhouse mod you have (not a priority, but something I'd like to be able to do).

I know there is an Auto Water Mod, but I don't want something so simple. I want there to be a cost to set it up before it solves your problems.

So, any thoughts? Could someone direct me to some working code I could modify to accomplish this? Or does something like this exist and I just missed it?